• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

De fill???

thinkbethin

Ok its confession time. I'm going to have a defill when I next see the dietician. I have struggled with this fill of 7.5 ml in my 9ml band for over 8 weeks now. I gave it a try but now realise its just no good for me.
I vomit after every mouthful of solid food. No matter how small a piece of meat/chicken or fish and no matter how long I chew it for it gets stuck and gives me so much pain I have to fetch it back for relief. I can manage sloppy foods but very little but I'm not getting any protien down at all.
The weigh in at the gp's just high lighted to me that I need to be able to eat at least something without being sick.
I'm even struggling with my drinks and I'm nowhere near the 2 litres per day as it just takes so long to pass through.Could you all be truthful with me and give me your opinions as to whether I've tried for long enough or whether you think I should try for longer.xxx

Sounds like you made the right decision to try for a de-fill TBH as weight won't come off without proper nutrition and you don't want to be losing muscle mass by having no protein. I hope that you can get it dealt with very soon and that you feel heaps better and can eat better afterwards x Hugs x

Hi Gaynor - i cant really offer any advice as i'm a bypasser, but reading though this and some of the other banding issues others seem to suffer, i'm so glad i changed my mind and went for a bypass.
Good luck with your defill.

Oh God no get down to the clinic and some taken out, you cant continue on like that it defeats the whole purpose of the band and you cannot be enjoying the experience of loosing weight properly, you will make yourself ill and what would be the point in that, you will feel so much better when you are able to eat a proper meal :)

Yes, as others have said I think you have really persevered with this fill and if its making you miserable and unable to eat I think you have made the right decision. I know it might feel like a step back but if you feel too much has been taken out then have some more put in. Thats the beauty of it being able to adjust to suit :)

hi gaynor you have made the right decision, being tight is no good and constant wretching can put the band at risk and it will also make your pouch very senstive to food touching the insides, a small de fill will make a big difference to you.

good luck !!

liz x

Hi Gaynor

I think you should definately go for the defill hun, you have struggled for long enough. Get yourself sorted and back on a healthy track. Good luck x

Hi Gaynor

I think you've tried for long enough and are right to have a little taken out.

when I had my port replaced in July and they did me a fill at the same time( I still only have 4.5ml in my 10ml band), it took me over 2 weeks to get back onto firmer foods, but I still for several weeks after that relied on easy/slider foods if I didn't feel as though I was managing firmer food.

I stupidly admitted this to my dietician last week and she won't let me have a fill until I speak with her again on 22nd October :sigh:

my point is, I now think I was too tight and it made me fall into bad habits....I can eat firm food now but haven't lost much since July....hey ho :rolleyes:

hope you get it sorted soon...it's awful being sick all the time :hug99:

I agree a defill is needed, you will feel so much better and weight will shift again once you get good nutrition:)

Hi Gaynor

I think you've tried for long enough and are right to have a little taken out.

when I had my port replaced in July and they did me a fill at the same time( I still only have 4.5ml in my 10ml band), it took me over 2 weeks to get back onto firmer foods, but I still for several weeks after that relied on easy/slider foods if I didn't feel as though I was managing firmer food.

I stupidly admitted this to my dietician last week and she won't let me have a fill until I speak with her again on 22nd October :sigh:

my point is, I now think I was too tight and it made me fall into bad habits....I can eat firm food now but haven't lost much since July....hey ho :rolleyes:

hope you get it sorted soon...it's awful being sick all the time :hug99:

Yvonne thats when my appointment is lol. Pity you're not at the same hospital as me or we could have had a coffeexx

Hi Gaynor ,

I am so pleased you have decided to have a defill but knowing you,you will feel like a defeatist but this isnt the case at all,you have tried over the past weeks and as other members have said you probably havent been getting the right nutrition hence you not being well.

Take Care .

Hi Gaynor ,

I am so pleased you have decided to have a defill but knowing you,you will feel like a defeatist but this isnt the case at all,you have tried over the past weeks and as other members have said you probably havent been getting the right nutrition hence you not being well.

Take Care .

I knew I should have listened to my buddy. You said from the beginning I know, but thought I had to give it a try. I too think this is the reason why I've not been able to shake off any illness's. I gave it a try so time to give in. I'm only going to have 1 ml taken out and see how I get on from there. Maybe I'll do as I'm told next time eh lolx

I knew I should have listened to my buddy. You said from the beginning I know, but thought I had to give it a try. I too think this is the reason why I've not been able to shake off any illness's. I gave it a try so time to give in. I'm only going to have 1 ml taken out and see how I get on from there. Maybe I'll do as I'm told next time eh lolx

You listen ? that will be a first lol......yeah you gave it a bliddy good try and all credit to you,hopefully the defill will give you the kick start you want for your weight loss and back to better health .

xx

Thanks Di and thanks for ringing. It was good to have a natter again. I miss our chats:cry:

My pleasure Gaynor :D , would have been longer except for flippin customers anyone would think i was at work or summat lol.

I will try and pop over for a coffee sometime next month,not going to tell you when so you cant be out :p.

Take care
xx

Back