• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Emergency De-Fill

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
Firstly thank goodness, I chose my provider well as I need an emergency de-fill this morning. All done in just under two hours.

And oh to my stupidity of lots of Nurafen earlier in the week, leading to all too regular throwing up starting Wednesday morning. Yesterday I started on the 'ground-coffee' version of vomit and then this did set off the alarm bells.

Am absolutely gutted to have had to have fluid out of the band and just hope that I can get it back in again quickly.

Note for self, no more Nurafen or Aspirin.

Mentioned my band upgrade plan in passing, and my surgeon is getting me a straight jacket - take it that's also a no!

And joy of joys, a week on liquids to my stomach heals

What a Friday :mad:

Glad your all sorted hun :) now rest up and let your stomach heal xxx

Take it easy x

Am so angry with myself I can feel my blood pressure rising.

Shrug of shoulders and shuffling off to fridge to get some milk:cry:

Thanks Kate. I shall complete my research then build my case. Although I'm also building a constant case for just getting more fluid in the band. I think a white flag might be in order :hmm:

Much better today, so nice not to have been sick for 24 hours. Funny what becomes a personal victory :eek:

And oh to my stupidity of lots of Nurafen earlier in the week, leading to all too regular throwing up starting Wednesday morning. Yesterday I started on the 'ground-coffee' version of vomit and then this did set off the alarm bells.

Note for self, no more Nurafen or Aspirin.

Does it mean that we can't EVER have ibuprofen and aspirin, or did you take too much? Or did you take it too soon to the surgery or fill and your stomach had already been slightly swollen and therefore could not cope with it? The reason I am asking is because I am allergic to paracetamol, so I am taking aspirin every time when I have cold or flu (so that's perhaps twice a year). There is nothing else I can think of that I could take instead. Also, when I hurt myself (doing sport) I take ibuprofen, which is about once a week or once every other week. That would be a disaster for me if I won't be able to have ibuprofen and aspirin. :(

No more ibuprofen or aspirin ever for me. I took the max daily dose and burnt a hole in my pouch :eek:. As my stomach is smaller it takes time to through, so it didn't :mad:. I was taking it for a couple of days for post-sport pain. I am 4 months post-op, and had no swelling at the time.

Check with your provider as like most things their advise might be different.

No more ever for me, it just isn't worth putting myself through this again ever. Throwing up blood is the pits :cry:

No more ibuprofen or aspirin ever for me. I took the max daily dose and burnt a hole in my pouch :eek:. As my stomach is smaller it takes time to through, so it didn't :mad:. I was taking it for a couple of days for post-sport pain. I am 4 months post-op, and had no swelling at the time.

Check with your provider as like most things their advise might be different.

No more ever for me, it just isn't worth putting myself through this again ever. Throwing up blood is the pits :cry:

Oh, now I can imagine how the aspirin is there sitting and burning a hole... :( So what about if you had dispersible aspirin, dissolved it in a glass of water and then sipped that? Water doesn't stay that long in the top pouch, so that should be alright? (Not that I would be telling you to try it, I am just wondering what would be the solution for me).

ETA: I just realised that ibuprofen can be in liquid form. I wonder if that would be ok?

Last edited:
Back