• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dealing with the mother in law! Grrrr

christinemarie

Firstly HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! And secondly my mother in law is driving me craaaaazy. I had to tell her about my surgery because she works at the hospital that my surgery is at, but now she has announced it to my husbands entire family but then to make it worse she has just turned up to the New Year's Eve party that I am at and announced it, I was so embarrassed.
It's not that I'm embarrassed of having the operation it's that it is my decision who I tell and not hers! As it stands the people she just told it to are my husbands work colleagues! I'm so angry and I can't say anything to her because she then won't help me out with our little girl after the op x

mouse57

Do you think she has told people because she is maybe proud of you for going it ?

los in it

As your M.i.l works in a hospital doesnt the rules of patients confidentially come into play here? She had no right telling anyone regardless if she was happy or not ! If she was unknown to you you might go and complaint but as she is family and you need her help post op I guess you wont but I would later down the line have a word with her

Bear

Omg. That's awful. I completely sympathise on th MIL front, I have an evil one too. But seriously, what she has done is completely outrageous. Your husband needs to step in here and pull her up on her behaviour. Xx

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
My husband would never deal with my MIL from hell. After a truly unforgivable incident I banned my entire in-laws. Best thing I ever did, a bit like WLS I waited 10 years to do it, wished I'd done it sooner and have enjoyed 15 years free of those disgusting oiks.

Breach of your privacy, medical issues and unforgivable.

christinemarie

Thanks girls, it helps that I am not just crazy and irrational!
it would be slightly more comforting to think that she did it because she is proud but sadly that is definitely not the case.
if I even called her out on what she was doing she would just stop talking to me and become awkward with helping out with our little girl, which I can't afford at the moment as my mother is away in Bangkok. My husband would stick up for me if I asked him to but the only other time that he ever spoke to her about her behaviour (when our little girl was six weeks old and entirely breast fed went out and bought formula to feed her when there was plenty of pumped milk to feed her (sorry TMI))
I would LOVE to be rid of her but it's just not the right time to be doing it. She is very childish and would cause a huge rift between us and our husbands whole family as his grandparents and sister live with his mother. She has totally cut off her own brother because of his daughter saying things she didn't agree with and now his grandmother isn't allowed her own son to come and visit her in her home.
Anyway sorry to go on, as this is clearly a no win situation for me at the moment. I just have to stay away from her as much as possible and bide my time! But one day I will be strong enough to tell her to shut the hell up and join you on the happy side of the fence thinnerjemimer until then I'll just be jealous of your happy and ***** free life style xx

los in it

you deal with the way that's best for you in the meantime work on yourself becoming a healthier you and caring for your loving family

christinemarie

Thanks los in it,
Although I would love nothing more than reporting her to her superiors at work! It would just be comeuppance that she deserves for never learning to keep people's confidence xx