• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The funeral

cheekybum

As some of you are aware, my nan passed away at the end of last month, and her funeral was today. I haven't spoken to my family for nearly five months due to my sister who has had an affair with my mums best friends husband. Things got a bit Tangled but that is another story. So today off we trot to the funeral and even I thought I looked damn good, well I saw my mother she has put tons of weight on and I then saw my frumpy sister, what upset me so much is the fact my nan hated people who had affairs, and my sister was with the best friends husband and my cousin was with his new wife who he had an affair with. Talk about rubbing her nose in it. Well it went without a hitch, I heard my sister say that she doesn't want to look at me. I know this is nothing to do with WLS but I needed to have a moan. Thanks for listening xx

Don't know what to say really but you moan away. It must have felt very awkward? Families are/can be very strange. Mine certainly is.
Hugs
Grace xxx

Well Hun firstly ild like to say im so sorry for ur loss and also I'm pleased it went well with no arguments.... I'm so happy for u that u looked fab especially for those that ain't seen u for ages must of been a shock for them??
Hope ur ok, and although it's nothing to do with wls we r all friends here and no matter wat u want to rant about don't worry about it u just rant away xxx

Well, they say you can pick your friends but not your families! I know apart from my immediate family I wouldnt pick most of mine lol....pleased it went well though, no arguaments at least....and I bet they all had snidey looks at how good you were looking! ;) XX

So glad that you dealt with everything the best you could, and glad that the funeral went without any fuss.

My family are the same and i dont have anything at all to do with any of them, and havent done for the past 3 years.

Im happier now than ever without them.............families eh, who needs em xxxx

You are not moaning precious and I am so sorry to hear about your dear Nan....

Funerals and losing someone is enough without the anxiety of attending the funeral... so glad it went without a hitch.

Thinking of you precious and I'm with Jac... apart from my immediate family and a few others... I wouldn't choose a lot of people in my family either...

It's difficult... sending love and warm hugs and take good care xxx

Cheekybum, firstly i'm sorry for your loss and hope your nan had the send off she deserved...

As for the sister and the other 'choice' family members... Rise above them my darling, you are so much more than them :)

Jealousy is such an awful trait, i hope your sister loses it soon and learns what the love of a good sister can do for her :)

Now carry on ranting, it's good to get it all out xxx

Glad it all went ok - families are bizarre . . . forget them but remember your Nan. God Bless. xx

Back