• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

If you get the same info as me it will be 10 days. I was a bit of a numpty and slightly miscalculated and ended up doing 12 days!! Don't suppose it did me any harm though :)
10 days really isn't so bad, I feel for those having to do 4 weeks!!

Su2ie i'm thinking with my weight being soo high i might have to do it longer?! But way im going i might have to start earlier really struggling losing weight i think the stress and worry is getting to me with regards to eating!

Why couldn't i be normal? dont most people stop eating when there worried?! lol

Hope all your LSD go ok and not too rough on everyone x

Su2ie i'm thinking with my weight being soo high i might have to do it longer?! But way im going i might have to start earlier really struggling losing weight i think the stress and worry is getting to me with regards to eating! Why couldn't i be normal? dont most people stop eating when there worried?! lol Hope all your LSD go ok and not too rough on everyone x

Normal?? Errrr ask most of us here and eating when stressed is pretty normal :) I know I do (sorry -did!!) which is part of the reason I ended up needing the surgery in the first place!
I don't know if you'll have to do it longer, everyone I was with did 10 days but you should get your information soon, mine didn't come too long after my letter.

After my endoscopy for several reasons I went on an eating frenzy and managed to put about 7lb on in as many days!!! The LSD sorted that out though :) it will all fall into place for you once you have all your info and if you're worried about anything or just curious in the meantime ask away x

Best wishes to all those starting their LSD diets soon. Ive only got 7days left! To my surgery. Best wishes to all December people!

Best wishes to all those starting their LSD diets soon. Ive only got 7days left! To my surgery. Best wishes to all December people!

Sharona you've done so well to get through 3 weeks of lsd!! Only 1 more week to go, you're nearly there!!

Sharona you've done so well to get through 3 weeks of lsd!! Only 1 more week to go, you're nearly there!!
Getting so excited again but a little apprehensive! Just hope that liver is shrinking! How you doing Su2ie? X

Getting so excited again but a little apprehensive! Just hope that liver is shrinking! How you doing Su2ie? X

I'm sure it will be shrinking, you've had a good long run on the LSD! On the home stretch now, you be out the other side and on the losers bench before you know it :)

I'm doing ok thanks, better every day. I'm just impatient :)

Anyone been batch cooking for after?? I'm making some soup to whizz up and freeze today but I've got no idea what else to do?

Anyone been batch cooking for after?? I'm making some soup to whizz up and freeze today but I've got no idea what else to do?

hi lynsey

i will be making some up. I was gunna have a look online closer to the time but in the information the dietitian sent me she advised to have:

Porridge
Weetabix
Low fat soft cheese
Fat free yogurts
Selection pureed vegetables
Mashed potato

Thats what i can remember off top of my head x

Interesting list. I have most of those anyway. I think the point is anything that's low fat, low (or free from) sugar and is very soft (blendable). This is especially true for RNY and slightly less so with the sleeve. For the gastric band it isn't as strict.

Is that list for straight after hospital? After my bypass I'm on 2 weeks fluid only such as yogurt drinks, slimfast, clear soups. Weeks 2-4 is puréed .

It's 10 Dec. hopefully anyway, our hospital have cancelled a few in last couple weeks so I'm crossing everything! X

In my booklet it has them to have in ready for when we get home. I'm with sunderland so I suppose every provider maybe different x

Hope everyone is feeling good and those on pre-op diet are doing great! Well my week has been interesting, was struggling on milk diet, barely drinking two pints as it was making me urge really bad, so have now switched to a yoghurt diet. Now one week down and one to go to surgery. Cannot believe how quickly the last month has gone since I got my date. Bring it on. Bag is packed (well repacked a few times now) and my lift to and from is sorted. My bestfriend is waiting while I have my operation for which I am so greatful as my family cannot come for various reasons. Bring on the 3rd. :)

Back