• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

I keep putting off packing my bag! I know I should but if I do then it's real! Ha!

I know, the time will fly by though. In the next week I'm working 5 days (from tomorrow), so no time then as I come home after being on my feet for eight hours and I'm exhausted. Monday i have my blood grouping test (in case of transfusion in surgery) and then shopping for post op food/xmas food shopping for everyone else. Then Tuesday I'm travelling up to Plymouth for some retail xmas therapy and my friends birthday, then early morning on Wednesday for surgery. So it's a jam packed week for me, better to have it all ready and then just a quick double check on Monday. :) Not long now!!

I don't think they have to wait, my friend is going with me as I want someone there when I wake up that is familiar as I am really nervous of hospitals and might panic a tad. :)

Ok that will be good for you then. I'm not buying any more clothes but I need new pj's for hospital but that's all I'm buying lol x

I've had the same thought today, I've told my hubby not to take the day of my surgery off but now I'm gutted he'll not be there when I wake up

I'm travelling abroad on my own for surgery. Essentially I don't have the support from my relatives so there isn't anyone to ask to travel with me but I did make one friend when I went for my last surgery (which is so typical of me) who'll be around when I need him.

I'm about 24 hours from starting the three week LSD. I haven't decided what my last meal will be, perhaps best not to discuss it here as many of you are already in LSD.

Anyway, I'm on three weeks of Slimfast... again. Having done it for three weeks in June/July I'm less worked up about it this time. My main worry is coping with work (teacher) with reduced energy levels.

Good luck with LSD diet marcusbm, one week in of three and I'm half a stone lighter :)
Not allowed slimfast though in our area :( x

Good luck with LSD diet marcusbm, one week in of three and I'm half a stone lighter :)
Not allowed slimfast though in our area :( x

Which diet are you on?

2 pints milk, 2 fruit, 2 yogs, no added sugar jelly and a bowl of veg or salad .

Mines similar. But 3-4 fruit 2-3 pints milk and 1 bowl veg soup. I started it Monday just to shift few pounds I gained and after 2 days this morning lost 7 lbs 3 extra off. Will just get back onto eating healthy tomorrow ive decided till it needs to be properly started next week. X

sleeve to bypass december 2014

I'm having a revision from a sleeve to a bypass next tuesday, 2nd december.
also removing my gall bladder at the same time as I've been having terrible problems with it.
I'm trying to find anyone else that's had the gall bladder removed, but can't find a forum it fits on.

Sounds like a feast compared to the protein options!

Regarding gall bladder removal - it isn't uncommon but isn't routinely done. While I can't think of (or remember) anyone on here who's had it done I know I've read about it a few times. How about starting your own thread on the topic?

I'm hopefully having my gallbladder out my Dr's written to hospital other day at my request. I have an old now Facebook friend who I met on here years ago when first referred she had hers out. I think 1 more scar or so but all ok still keyhole x

LSD begins. 1 protein shake down and 62 to go.

Now I need to be creative with the shakes. Will try adding extra water and then freezing one.

Back