• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

I haven't been more excited. Just repacked my bag (for the umpteenth time. My busy week is catching up on me, feeling exhausted. Ordered the last of the yoghurt to tide me through till Tuesday. Still can't believe that it is less than a week away till I go under the knife. Bring it on.

Not feeling too bad on my first day of pre-op. I think as it's the second time I've done pre-op this year I'm more mentally prepared this time. Generally more relaxed than last time even if I pretended I was as 'cool as a cucumber' last time (I'm a teacher, it's in the job description) ;)

The only time I felt 'I don't want to do this' was the final minute before the general anaesthetic but I kept it to myself - it was mostly the thought that having some of my favourite foods (that I was desperately craving at the time) would be a thing of the past. This time I've deliberately had 'goodbye' meals to each of the favourite foods that will be difficult after the bypass. Still there are other priorities and it isn't unusual to have such thoughts just before going under. Ironically I didn't have such thoughts before the original band but I was super tired and I think I fell asleep just before going under I was so relaxed.

What thoughts are troubling you the most?

I was originally worried about dying on the table that I wrote each of my close family members and my best friend a short letter each. I have left them on the desktop of my laptop in case. But I will survive this surgery and live a healthier life. :) ;)

Lynsey your ok your not alone I also think that too. My fears are getting put to sleep, waking up during.. (I kno silly but read it somewhere before in a mag it happened!) And not waking up at all so I think it's mainly the anaesthetic part I'm worried about! Leaving the kids without a mam... but this is not a happy mam to have not coz I think I'm ugly or anything that's not at all the reason but I miss out on stuff with them and I don't want them being affected by my weight. That keeps me going and spurs me on. X

Found a novel way to get these awful tasting yoghurts in and add some fluid at same time. Blend ice and 2 of my daily allowance of yoghurt. Such a nice change.:D

ice crush.jpg

That's exactly what I've been thinking Jo! We'll be fine I'm sure - this time next week I'll be on the other side!!!!

Hello, I'm (probably) a Decemberer too - on the 31st, but not confirmed yet and it might be the week after on 7th Jan. Can I be an honorary Decemberer?!

Anyone else worried about what to tell people at work? People can be so judgemental and spiteful about WLS because they just don't 'get it' do they?

You're all doing brilliantly! I've been practising on shakes, and have lost about 10-12 lbs over the last 2-3 weeks, although did have a major backslide yesterday, so i daren't get on the scales again for a few days!
Anyone else going to Leeds for their surgery?

Just say Nowt to people at work unless they ask you directly, people will be spiteful about all sorts of things, just try to have a thick skin xxx

This is a wonderful gift but unless you have researched it and know the pain, sacrifices, risks and hard work these ops require others who have very little knowledge should not judge!! Yesterday Lorraine (yes the Scottish tv presenter) lol lost a fan. Yet again WLS was the topic and you could clearly see she did not agree and made some comment about doing right way eating healthy getting out of doing exercise basically an instant fix! No idea , I myself would not be going through it unless I felt there was another way. My surgeon and team have made it clear this is a tool to help and are very clear exercise is needed which I cannot wait to be able to do. I go to gym I go for walks and often hear or see pointing and people taking the p*** then I get upset and don't go a while. People don't understand I'm soo sorry for the rant everyone lol but bottom line... sod what they say hun your doing this for you and possibly family. Like i say I won't care as I have certainly heard worse fat jibes nothing will hurt my feelings anymore and hopefully it will help me be a healthy mum to my kids...embrace it, majority of ppl will be supportive, maybe some jealous and then there's the people who are always gunna be just plain bullies! :D ah felt good, deep breath Jo lol x

I get the same from my family. "Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to eat less and exercise more?"

Despite all I've been through and that I have a sister-in-law who had the same procedure it's still seen as cheating by them.

Hello, I'm (probably) a Decemberer too - on the 31st, but not confirmed yet and it might be the week after on 7th Jan. Can I be an honorary Decemberer?! Anyone else worried about what to tell people at work? People can be so judgemental and spiteful about WLS because they just don't 'get it' do they? You're all doing brilliantly! I've been practising on shakes, and have lost about 10-12 lbs over the last 2-3 weeks, although did have a major backslide yesterday, so i daren't get on the scales again for a few days! Anyone else going to Leeds for their surgery?

I've already added you to the list. Even if in January you're more than welcome to stay on here. It's a quieter month so the more the merrier.

The December list so far: 1 Dec - DinkaDonka, Duncan 2 Dec - SuzeWard 3 Dec - DreamALittleDream4Me 4 Dec - LynseyScott 10 Dec - Leda 11 Dec - Sonnie 17 Dec - MarcusBM, 2nd chance Jo 18 Dec - Mighty1888 31 Dec (prov) - Katyloo
Good luck Duncan and Dinka Donka for tomorrow. Duncan you're in good hands- they are and excellent team xx

Last edited:
I was sleeved on 12th November and on the subject of who to tell I've decided to be out and proud and so far have had nothing but positivity coming back at me. My line manager was so nice about it she made me cry (though I was on the pre-op diet at the time!). So if anyone comments on my weight loss (nearly 2 stone so far) and asks how I've done it I'm going to tell them I had my stomach stapled! Best decision I've ever made so I don't really care what anyone else thinks.

Good luck all you Decemberers! You are about to do a very brave and life- changing thing xxx

Back