• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decision made - Marz's sleeve diary

Yes im with niccie...centrum chewables are very good. You shouldnt be having anything thats fizzy on a new sleeve..no wonder you threw up. Good luck finding a solution..

Its a prescription vitamin however when you add it to water it fizzes so you wait about 10 mins to ensure the fizz has stopped or you do get discomfort.

Yes im with niccie...centrum chewables are very good. You shouldnt be having anything thats fizzy on a new sleeve..no wonder you threw up. Good luck finding a solution..

I was on the chewables during the early post-op stages too. Didn't have any issues on those at all.

I have been told that to take one centrum vitamin per day. At first I was taking the chewable form but now I can have the tablet.

I've moved onto feraglobin plus instead. I couldn't find the chewables and was feeling really tired. I've caught up on sleep this weekend and have come around to liquids. Its so much easier to just drink and eat yoghurt while working. Might prolong this stage a bit.

I buy my chewable a online, have 2 a day.

I've bought some vitamins yesterday - huge tablets! I gag looking at them. I've decided to break them in half first. So realised today that I'm nearly 4 weeks and I have more or less stuck with surgeons food advice with a one problem at 2 weeks. I've impressed me.
I'm a little disappointed with 'slow' weight loss but some wasn't built in a day, and at least it is a loss - despite that I haven't been this weight for 3.5 years... Long may it continue.

NSV my face has become more defined, for which I am so grateful AND my knees don't crack every time I bend anymore! I am also getting better quality of sleep and waking up fresher in the mornings.

Downloaded myfitnesspal to help with tracking for content. It wouldn't let me add my eating details for today so I've had to pretend I have eaten more. Apparently it thinks I'll be 63kg in 5 weeks... If only. The reality is it's going to be much much slower. How do you guys get around the app not accepting amount of food?

Started on foods. Been interesting. Can eat much less than before and in smaller quantities than soups, which is good.

I had a sandwich yesterday over a two hour period. No side effects so far. I'm avoiding the scales just in case they tell me something I don't want to know.

Started on foods. Been interesting. Can eat much less than before and in smaller quantities than soups, which is good. I had a sandwich yesterday over a two hour period. No side effects so far. I'm avoiding the scales just in case they tell me something I don't want to know.
good luck with food, lots of chewing, pausing and wise choosing.

I have had a terrible day. Eaten around 1600 calories but worst thing is I overate. I wasnt hungry. It didn't taste amazing. Not worth the calories or guilt. Concerned that stomach feels so tight. Took some lactulose but haven't done a proper number 2 in ages. I need to miss a few meals.

Don't miss meals - just choose better. I was told by my team to aim for 1200 calories over the day, so my usual meal plan is:

Brekkie: Muller rice and smoothie
Lunch: soup - homemade or shop bought - and not a "low calorie" one
Tea: chilli con carne or something squishy - I still prefer things in sauce
Snack: I will nibble on ham, prawns or have a smoothie. I'm not good with fruit.

I've avoided bread altogether - it's not got enough nutrients for the amount of space it takes up!

Don't despair - it will get easier. And you should never feel hungry due to your appetite being removed. If you know you have to eat fuel three times a day then it becomes routine rather than fun. I don't eat when I want to now, I eat when time dictates it's time for a re-fuel.

The reason for this is if I don't, then I get a sugar low and feel rubbish. If I eat too soon after a meal I feel uncomfortable and rubbish. It's a balancing act and you will soon work out what works for you and what doesn't.

Keep up the good work and you'll be the new you in no time! :) x

1600 calories that's a lot and you are only just on solid food too. You need to stick to protein not sugary slider food. Don't over eat your stomach is still healing, I think you need to go back to your consultant for some advice, you need some guidance and support here.
Please get some support.

1600 calories that's a lot and you are only just on solid food too. You need to stick to protein not sugary slider food. Don't over eat your stomach is still healing, I think you need to go back to your consultant for some advice, you need some guidance and support here. Please get some support.
yes I'm 5 months into my sleeve and eat 800 - 850 Cala a day.

Back