• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decision made - Marz's sleeve diary

A little tip I was given - eat the protein first, no matter what's on the plate. I used to eat from least preferred to favourite - ie veg to meat - now it's meat, veg, carbs. This way if I get full after protein and veg I know it's ok not to eat the carbs.

Also if I feel I need a little boost I will grab some ham from the fridge, rather than anything else. I have no problem getting the protein in :)

I'm finding the protein hard because eating it adds fast unless it's tuna and I don't want to start avoiding tuna... What else do you do for protein?

Boiled egg, make a Spanish tortilla makes you full and only one slice needed. Chicken stew, chicken curry, chilli quorn or beef, cheese, tufu, yogurt SKYR natural is mega high on protein and low on sugar loads of stuff.

Boiled egg, make a Spanish tortilla makes you full and only one slice needed. Chicken stew, chicken curry, chilli quorn or beef, cheese, tufu, yogurt SKYR natural is mega high on protein and low on sugar loads of stuff.

Spanish omelette sounds tasty. I remember looking at that when I was on the liquids and wanting a bit. Might try that tomorrow. Managed 62g today so happy. I almost went over limit, but halved my serving. Its TOTM and knowing that I'll limit myself and see no benefit is going to be tough...

that's very good, you must be so pleased x

Thanks, Niccie - I am! I ate a cheese naan today ( delicious) and balanced it out with NSV of 37 minutes on the cross trainer!!! Woohoo I feel fitter than I have ever felt.

Last edited:
Thanks, Niccie - I am! I ate a cheese naan today ( delicious) and balanced it out with NSV of 37 minutes on the cross trainer!!! Woohoo I feel fitter than I have ever felt.
and that in itself is wonderful x

I'm going for sleeve. I'm doing exante as my pre op so it's all arrived and I just said to my partner that I can't wait until Monday because I have been doing the dog on food the last 2 weeks knowing I was having this.

I'm going for sleeve. I'm doing exante as my pre op so it's all arrived and I just said to my partner that I can't wait until Monday because I have been doing the dog on food the last 2 weeks knowing I was having this.

I think days before preop are like a blessing :). It really reinforced for me the need to have such a permanent procedure. When's your date set for?

Date is 11th March. Do you manage to get the protein in. What did your team suggest?

I'm really excited for you. It comes around quicker than you think and I've found it to be such a huge support.

First week just take it as it comes. You'll struggle to drink much. It's only in the last couple of weeks that I've started to get the protein in. Spoke to the dietician and she's asked me to up calories to 1200, to make it more sustainable, and make sure that the diet is more balanced throughout the day.. But I know I stopped losing when I was that high in late January. I might follow her advice andb increase exercise too to make sure it doesn't affect my weight loss.

Sabotage. I was on like 700cal then I had some Bombay mix, sensation crisps and shortbread biscuit.... Not impressed with me. I will let the scales decide the extent of my corruption. Shame on me.

Don't beat yourself up too much. The scales letting you down will be enough to kick you in the arse and get back on plan.

Thanks sunshine. I have started to exercise too minimize damage...

Does anyone up their calorie/food intake for the days theexercise?

I don't at the moment but I've increased fluid a lot. if I get to the stage of focused training at the gym where Im there five plus days a week then I will up it.

I just up my fluids. I don't feel I need to up my calorie intake, but that's a personal choice. I also think if I burn calories and don't put more in then I will see better results. I'm yet to be proven right! :D x

So I had a bad day. After a period of around two weeks of being very good again. Portion sizes are good but need to think more about the quality of what goes into my mouth. Haven't exercised in three days and sleeping pattern has gone out the window.

I'm happy that I'm losing but I've lost 13kg since surgery two months ago. I'm thinking that's very low compared to other people's losses. I'm at 39% EWL but that includes two weeks preop where I lost 8kg. Will I get to 6 months and be 60% ish? I know I should be grateful but am also a little worried that I'm not where I should be right now.

Back