• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decision made!

Natstar

Hi all,

Well as the title of this says I've now made the decision and am going to with wls and have opted to go with the sleeve.

It's been a difficult decision and I frequently find myself in tears over the fact it's come to this but I'm 25 now and have spent 15 years struggling with my weight to the point where it is now out of control and has been affecting my life for too long.

I had a consultation yesterday afternoon and originally I wanted to go with a band but after sending 24hours of solid research I think the sleeve is going to be my best bet.... So here goes!

I'm calling the surgery on Monday to book in and get a date set, I'm going private so hopefully nt have to wait too long! I have millions of questions so hopefully you'll wont get too fed up of me being on here!

Nx

Oooh how do you feel 3 weeks after? X

Feel a lot better.....very little pain , hardly any , in fact. Lost 22lbs already and have started on pureed foods today.
Its all going well. I will say its our minds that need a re-tune as we can't use food in the way we did before (I was a comfort eater) but, am never hungry..if I feel a bit empty, I have a Fromage Frais or a choclate mousse as a treat.

Its the best thing I could have done for myself. No regrets at all.

Thanks Jax that's just what I needed to hear!

Before I pound the site ( I'm an ex minimis one so don't know why I didn't come here first) I was a bit worried as I couldn't find much on the Internet about it and peoples experiences.

I hear you on the need to retrain our minds as I'm defo a import eater or a boredom eater so I am going to have to find a hobby I think!

What was the ip itself like can I ask? We're you In a lot of pain and are the incisions uncomfortable? I can't seem to find anywhere on what the scars look like or where they are!

X

Thanks angee, I know I don't want to see out another year feeling like this so I'm taking the plunge!

I had my sleeve on 30th November 2011, and have gone down from 14st something, to 10st. 11lbs so far. It was certainly the right choice for me! Ask away if you have any questions.

do you dump with sleeve?

Hiya I have my sleeve 6 months ago, look at my post i have just posted 'the new me' - best thing i have ever done.

Yes you can still dump with the sleeve, I have on custard and costa hot choc, but have been okay lately but been put off these two things x

Hi all
Im having the band on 1st May 2012 at Claremont Hospital Sheffield & im having some serious butterflys as the date gets nearer....OMG

Hi ladies!

The idea of dumping defo scares me at this point! But hopefully will take it one day at a time!

Bex I'll have a look at now, thanks for dropping by! X

Ahhh Shante good luck! I'm calling the doc tomorrow to schedule in -I see your also going private, what was your waiting time like?xx

Hi Natstar,

I had my sleeve 5 days ago, so it is early days for me. Slightly too early for me to shout from the roof tops "Yay the best thing I've ever done" -- only caution prevents me from saying that until I have lost over 100 lbs with the sleeve.

However, I have noticed a huge drop in the amount of hunger I experience, and a very small amount of food (currently only liquid food) fills the sleeve up and keeps me full for hours (this I am liking!). :D

Hope all goes well with your journey to being sleeved !!

Hi Natstar
I had my consultation on the 4th April in Sheffield with the WLS Group that went all well & i made my decision by the 10th April rang up n book it got a date 1st of May @ 2pm started my pre op diet on the 17th of April alls going well so far. Now are you get along?

I've never dumped with my sleeve. I do get pain if I eat certain foods (mostly the indigestible veggies like broccoli, which I happen to love, and gherkins, ditto) and if I eat too much/too fast/don't chew well enough. Eating too much is all relative, compared to how much I ate before, it's a tiny amount but I can't usually finish my small side plate of food, which is fine by me!

Thanks ladies for your responses!

Sharon I hope you are feeling alright being only 5 days in. Good luck with the journey and hopefully I'll be able to share the ride with you!

Ruthie- thanks for letting me know about brocoli,
I love that vegetable so hopefully I won't be the same but you never know!

Well a quick update I've called the surgery and am just waiting for them to call me back as I got a voicemail! Eek über excited but also quite nervous which I presume is normal!

X

I've heard that it isn't common to have a problem with broccoli so hopefully you'll be fine. I can have it blitzed in soups though.

Back