• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

decisions decisions

Elup

Hi,

I've had weight issues for a long time but only recently decided to have wls, last 2 months. My current weight is 212 lbs and will therefore be going private. I have been struggling on whether to go for a sleeve or a wrap but I think I am moving closer to the sleeve as I would like to loose 70lbs and what I have seen wrappers seem to lose less weight. Please advise if I am wrong about this. I am interested in hearing from people who have had the sleeve or wrap done privately outside of the uk. I would like to know who you used, cost, etc. I am thinking of Czech Republic or Belgium. Thanks

:welcome:

I'm hoping to get a sleeve on the NHS so can't help but best of luck x

Sorry can't help with surgeons & private. I had a sleeve on NHS 10 weeks ago & haven't looked back. Lost 5stones 10lb since mid Jan including pre op liver shrinkage diet. So I highly recommend the sleeve. Don't get me wrong you still have to work at it.
My surgeon told me he is now recommending the sleeve more & more as there is more & more research showing that it gives virtually the same results as the bypass & other types of bariatric surgeries. The techniques are constantly getting better & better. Just research as much as you can on the internet, asking your surgeons, on this forum etc. Hope you make the right decision for you. Good luck.

Have you considered the band?

Elup said:
Hi,

I've had weight issues for a long time but only recently decided to have wls, last 2 months. My current weight is 212 lbs and will therefore be going private. I have been struggling on whether to go for a sleeve or a wrap but I think I am moving closer to the sleeve as I would like to loose 70lbs and what I have seen wrappers seem to lose less weight. Please advise if I am wrong about this. I am interested in hearing from people who have had the sleeve or wrap done privately outside of the uk. I would like to know who you used, cost, etc. I am thinking of Czech Republic or Belgium. Thanks

Hi there... I'm having a wrap in 2 weeks with cosmetic bliss in Czech republic.. There's a lot of wrappers on here as well as other wls pre and post oppers...who will give u support... Do your research and see what's best for you... :). Cosmetic bliss has a fab Facebook page take a look xx:

@Bellydancer57
Thanks for your response. You have lost a lot of weight which is very inspiring, well done.
I will continue with my research as I cannot wait to have the op, tired of buying bigger clothes!

I have looked at the band but thought the other procedures were more suitable for me. How much did your band cost?

Hi there... I'm having a wrap in 2 weeks with cosmetic bliss in Czech republic.. There's a lot of wrappers on here as well as other wls pre and post oppers...who will give u support... Do your research and see what's best for you... :). Cosmetic bliss has a fab Facebook page take a look xx:

Thanks I will look at their fb page. Good luck with your op and I will be looking forward to your progress. How long is your stay in Czech?

Elup said:
Thanks I will look at their fb page. Good luck with your op and I will be looking forward to your progress. How long is your stay in Czech?

I fly out on the 20th and return on the 25th. 1 night in hotel rest in hospital.. Thanks i start my Pre op tomorrow :)
With the band also I know the hospital group are doing offers £4999...
Best thing to just chat to people on here,... Everyone was so helpful when I was making my mind up... For me I chose wrap as I didn't fancy having the fills... But lots of people have had amazing weight losses with a band.....

Xx

I went to Mr Sufi wanting the sleeve but ended up coming away with my op date for a gastric bypass :) because i suffer from bad acid reflux he advised me not to have the sleeve... Im sure your consultant will advise what is best for you and to suit your needs..... good luck with your journey :) x

Back