• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Defill

Gems123

hey all, been a while since I have been on here but wanted to ask if anyone has had to have a defill, I had my 3rd fill on 15 August which took me up to 3mls, all was fine for about 10 days then I had some scrambled eggs and didn't know what had hit me, I could not eat properly for about 2 days, even had trouble getting water down, had to have a de-fill yesterday of 1ml.

has anyone had this, I thought that as it was okay for the first week or so all was good, any ideas, not sure if it was a bit of scrambled egg that got stuck or what it was, am on liquids at the moment but still feel a bit sore, not a pleasant experience and something I am going to try my hardest to avoid.

I have to say my provider was fantastic, I called at about 10pm on the Wed evening and they had an appointment at 8am the next day for me to get some fluid removed.

Am hoping I haven't done any damage to the band and its just a little sore from the overfill......

Hope you are all good and doing well, I have lost 2.5 stone and am very happy with the results, just a little scary getting stuck!

:eek:

Haven't got a great deal of experience but from what I have read throughout the forums, the fills affect everyone so differently. And obviously from your successful weightloss so far having a reduction in the fill will not hinder this. I imagine the balloons are quite robust to having fills and defills, so I cannot imagine there has been damage done.

No doubt, someone will pop along and give more relevant advice but I hope the pain settles down for you soon and you feel better :)

Yes, been there twice. The first time I lasted 24 hours and the second it was 5 days. Now having tiny fills .2mls or less at a time. Sometimes i get times when I struggle especially during a nightshift. Quite often I can feel my band tightening throughout the night and by the morning I'm down to liquids only. I haven't tried scrambled egg for a while but have seen that others have found it difficult to eat. I struggle more with meat and find when I have had a 'stuck experience' I need to go back to liquids for 24 hours.
I am up to approx 6.6ml in a 10 ml band now.
Hope the soreness settles soon and you can start eating again.

I've have two defills. The first was my first fill which took me from 1ml to 4.2ml. I had to go back the next day because I keep fluids down. In that case my consultant took out 1ml , he also wasn't very happy that I had been given such a large fill.

Then I recently have a complete defill from 6ml to 1ml. This was due to me flying and my band at the time was very tight.

Fills are such funny things, for me the seem to take a few weeks to reach full restriction. My provider says fluids for a week then mushies for a few days. I must say I'm not very obedient but I just had a small fill this week and will follow these instructions because I think it gives the stomach some respite.

iv had lots of defills refills etc , I havnt been able to eat eggs normally in 4yrs now omelette n scrambled the worst so id say that may have been the initial cause. most people do also find bands tightest in the morning for some reason

Defill 6days post op, like yourself couldnt even keep water down!
Aspirated 5mls and 6mls of air out of my band. My band was too tight and no food stuck as i hadnt eaten anything or keep anything down.
Hopefully everything will settle down for you hun, i have my fill on the 18th sept and i hope that it will all start going right now x

thanks guys, things have settled down now and I am eating normally again, I will be avoiding omlette and scrambled eggs for a while I think!

Back