• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no weight loss :(

L0ckerz

I've got to go back for another defill tomorrow as since my last fill taking me to 6mls AGAIN (time before had to have defill as everything got stuck at 6mls) everything has got stuck since which was beginning of November n I've lost no weight at all I feel so down about it it's Asif 6mls is just too much for me but surely the amount I'm eating I should be loosing weight n I'm not so 6months on I've lost 2 stone but nothin really since a couple of weeks after my band was fitted :( anyone else having the same problems? Xx

Im so sorry that you're encountering difficulties - are they going to take much out? or just a little?

When I went for my fill last week, they told me that I may need some slight adjustments, as little as 0.25ml either way to find that sweet spot . . .they bumped me up with 1.5mls last week but have said that moving forward its likely to be very small adjustments to get to that right place . . .

Hugs to you!

I've lost no weight at all I feel so down about it it's Asif 6mls is just too much for me but surely the amount I'm eating I should be loosing weight n I'm not

often we would think so - but often too it depends on what we are eating as that amount more so than the amount itself. And especially if we are struggling with not being able to get foods down, we then resort to foods that are easier to get down, but then in terms of cals, fat etc may not be the best foods to be eating to help with the weight loss.

What sort of things are you managing to eat and get down? And in what sort of quantities? Are you able to speak to the dietician or nurse etc from your provider who will be able to help you with this too?

Also, if you're not eating enough then the body will hold on to whatever it can so weight loss may well slow down. You may find when you get to a point of being able to eat more, but of the right things, that it may kick start that weight loss too :)

Hopefully the slight adjustment will help, but I understand your frustration. . .do hope it goes well for you

In the same boat as you. I am at 6ml in 10ml band and can only do liquids and slop otherwise things get stuck so know how you feel. Am going to battle on and see if I lose much by end of Jan then make decision on next move . thinking of you. not easy this wl journey stufff is it!!

Not at all glad I'm not the only one when we're you banded and how much have you lost if you dont mind me asking xxx

Hopefuly a small defill will help L0ckerz. Not eating enough and what you do eat getting stuck is an awful situation to be in.

Are you going back to your provider for a defill, LapBandBeck?

xx

I agree with Mazza. Believe it or not, to be less tight and to be able to eat more of the right types of food can often be better for us banders. Not ideal for the body going into starvation mode, or eating the wrong things just because the right things wont go down. Good luck ladies :)

Back