• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dehydration

suzwelch

What's the quickest way to get rehydrated? I can't seem to drink my 64oz of water and it's starting to effect my body, muscle cramps, tired... I'm three weeks post op.

Any advise?

I have a couple of sports bottles dotted around the house and have little sips often. I am managing around 1.5 to 2 ltrs per day, but it is hard. Keep at it. :) xx

You could also try making some NAS juice ice lollies which I did when it was warm, a couple of them were given to the little boy next door :D

The sports bottles really helped me in the early days. It might just be a guy thing but I found I had the nipple in my mouth constantly until it was empty LOL

Seriously though hydration is a huge part of post op life. If you are not hydrated your weight loss will not be maximised, and your general health will be eventually be affected, maybe even irrevocably and might even lead to kidney output reduction or failure.

So I know its a pain in the backside but you must find a flavoured water that you can get down, and then get at least 2l down your neck each day by sipping throughout the day

Back