• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dery 3 tier

jennieb

Hi, I'm new here. My sleep apnea consultant wrote to my GP a couple of weeks ago to ask her to refer me to the bariatrics team at Derby. I have received a letter today with a questionnaire, with a view to getting an appointment to go onto tier 3.

Can anyone else that has done this at Derby give me some insight as to how often you need to go to appointments etc? I am fully committed to this, but am a little concerned about getting time off work if its a weekly thing. All of the locations are quite some distance from me, and it would mean at least a morning or an afternoon off each time, and I'm not sure my employer would go with this.

Thank you for your help.

Hi
I'm at derby I have my surgery date on the 26th of this month
I was on tier 3 and Iv only ever had to go to the hospital 5 times for appointments so it's not to bad

Hi
I have just started my Tier 3 at Derby (Aug 2015) and asked the same question at my first group meeting.Iwastold i HAVE to attend.My next appt will be for 3 hours and will be at 8.30am.I have a 3 1/2 hour jorney by public transport and was told that i would have to spend the night at a premier Inn.they expect total commitment from you . Ithink you are expected to attend at least 5 times and also have to attend one support group meeting. Not sute how i will manage it either but i will.

Hi I have just started my Tier 3 at Derby (Aug 2015) and asked the same question at my first group meeting.Iwastold i HAVE to attend.My next appt will be for 3 hours and will be at 8.30am.I have a 3 1/2 hour jorney by public transport and was told that i would have to spend the night at a premier Inn.they expect total commitment from you . Ithink you are expected to attend at least 5 times and also have to attend one support group meeting. Not sute how i will manage it either but i will.
I didn't attend any support group meeting because I live so far away (Lincolnshire) and they was fine with that and my surgery is in less than 2 weeks now

Hi
I have just started my Tier 3 at Derby (Aug 2015) and asked the same question at my first group meeting.Iwastold i HAVE to attend.My next appt will be for 3 hours and will be at 8.30am.I have a 3 1/2 hour jorney by public transport and was told that i would have to spend the night at a premier Inn.they expect total commitment from you . Ithink you are expected to attend at least 5 times and also have to attend one support group meeting. Not sute how i will manage it either but i will.

That sounds like ridiculous bureaucracy ruling common sense. Three and a half hour journey and an overnight stay just to attend a ruddy group meeting? That's madness.

Mind you, I'm not surprised as it's the sort of red tape I experienced in my NHS area. In my area they had a '3 strikes and you're out' policy about attending meetings - the problem being you got absolutely no input on when the meeting (which was a one-to-one) was going to be. Twice in a row I got a letter with a date that fell on a week I was working away. Despite phoning up the minute I opened the letter to say I was away that week and would need a different date, I got 2 'non attendance' strikes. IMO it's rather more about hoping people will drop out so they don't have to fund them than it is about showing commitment. But I'm a cynic ;)

Thank you for your help. I will be Ok with 5 times
I was worrying that it would be a weekly thing. I didn't want them to think I wasnt committed but I would have struggled to get time of to go every week. I already use most of my holidays up for various hospital appointments as it is ha ha.

all you can do, is what you can do really.... my next appt is 29th October (one to one) and is already causing ne probs.as i don't drive and the appt is early looks like a stay at the inn . I am hoping to know more about what my own personal criteria will be after this next one to one. Have to say i have a less than sympathetic husband already stressing me with costs etc....ho hum
Good luck , keep us updated i know just how you feel.

Back