• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

question about tier 3

natnat92

random question as i am on tier 3 atm after i have completed it do i automatically get put on to tier 4 for surgery if i decide to or does the gp have to re refer me i am very confused about this lol can anyone enlighten me as it has me very perplexed :confused: xx

When I did tier 3 it was the tier 3 dietitian who referred me. I did 6 months because of my high bmi the dietitian set me a target weight I had to get to once I achieved it she referred me.

Nat, I think it varies from health authority etc so everywhere is a bit different which is maddening! My GP referred me to a tier 3 program. My BMI was 41. My GP hasn't had to do anything since then. My tier 3 multi discipline team referred me then to the tier 4 hospital program and simply advised my GP that they had discharged me into tier 4. My tier 4 multi discipline team then wrote to my GP once surgery was agreed. That bit was painless. The tier 3 was two years for me. I was referred to hospital last September and my surgery is tomorrow - good luck with your journey :)

Good luck with your journey! X

Back