• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

diabeitias

janelouise

Hi all sorry bout the spelling lol.
Well I had my sleeve done six weeks ago and I'm just starting to settle down to a new way of life.
The thing is I've been checking my sugars regulary but I've noticed they have started to go up to bout 8.5 I stopped all my meds the day of my op and they were coming in at 6.5 which I was really happy with, but now I feel so upset that I might still have to take them meds again. I know it was never certain it would go but it's just sad that I might still ave it. My familey history is not good with it mum, dad, sister and brothers have it but I thought I might have done my best chance by haveing this op.
Anyway I'm sorry for going on just abit miffed really
Anyone had the same results???
Thanks for Reading xx

it may go into remision when youve lost more weight hun - give it chance! your only 6 weeks post op xxx all the best luv and hoping it sorts itself out soon xxx

Hi Jane,

There are a lot of hidden sugars in so many foods... it's unbelievable at times... I'd record everything you are having.

I'm post op... and was on insulin etc pre surgery but for the last 3 weeks my bloods are around 5 to 8 and I'm feeling much better.

I record everything on the daily meal thread on here and you are very welcome to join me.

Do hope this settles for you... I also drink loads of water.

Love and hugs xxx

Give it time, i remember Glenville's didn't disappear overnight but it did go... xx

I know its a different op - but one of the reasons I opted for a DS was immediate remission of diabetes

and

it took 11 months for me to come off my insulin

Hopefully it will get better - water can help lower blood sugars - and I agree with the advice to look at hidden sugars

xxx

my diabetes seems to be in some kind of remission now 4 months post opp my bloods are regularly between 5.4 and 6.5 with out taking any metformin and i,m feeling great I'm hoping when go to see my diabetic nurse on the 1st march, she will tell me i need not take them anymore
it will be great to be pill free

Back