• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diary for MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse9

Weight: 107kg Height: 5ft BMI: 49
Medication:propanol 80 mg amitriptyline 20mg,sumatriptan,thyroxine 150mg,eurgacalsafrol
ferous fumerate 200mg x2 weekly, Omeprazole 20mg/40mg alternating,Anti-Sickness
PMH: Iron Deficent Anaemia, Turners Syndrome,Metabolic Syndrome,Migraines,Vitamin D/Calcium Defiency,Hypermobility,Hashimotos Thyroid (Underactive),GURD

I'm Vikkie and at the very start of my WLS journey. My GP has reffered me today for Gastric Banding as recent blood work shows it will not be long before I need diabetic medication, as my fasting blood glucose is raised, as was my GTT test in 2009. Previous tests have also shown my liver is started to be effected. I am also plauged by alot of acid reflux and sickness, and suffer considerably worse with this if ive fell asleep on my back. Being over weight is also effecting my knee caps which pop out of place due to hypermobility.
After leaving the GP surgery I felt quite tearful but relieved the GP reffered me for the banding. She thinks this is probably going to be the best solution, but warned me not to be shocked if they offer bypass aswell. I will look at this further, but have looked at the band, and at the moment prefer this, as it means I can get back to work quicker.
Family is not very keen on me having the operation. Dad and older sister shocked and didnt think I had a problem being the weight I was, whilst mum is extremely pleased she will have a daughter who this time next year could be half the person!
Very exciting times ahead. Lets see what the next stage brings!

Weight: 107kg Height: 5ft BMI: 49
Medication:propanol 80 mg amitriptyline 20mg,sumatriptan,thyroxine 150mg,eurgacalsafrol
ferous fumerate 200mg x2 weekly, Omeprazole 20mg/40mg alternating,Anti-Sickness,multivits
PMH: Iron Deficent Anaemia, Turners Syndrome,Metabolic Syndrome,Migraines,Vitamin D/Calcium Defiency,Hypermobility,Hashimotos Thyroid (Underactive),GURD

Today I recieved my seminar date with Dr Woodcock! i had done a long shift at work amd was tired and miserable but sensed mum and dad wanted to be backmhome quickly, i foundoutnthenreason why.. becausemmy 1st appointment had come through!!!
im extremely excited, im to attendmon the 5th January! butnhve told mum illmgo by myself as i think this is one battle in life i need to fight for myself
i filled out by sleepiness scale and there was one question i had to answear; why do you want your surgery...
my response was to improve my qualitymoflife because i feel although im living atm i dont feel im living the life i should be.. roll on 2012!

Hi Vikki
Good luck on your journey I'm too at the seminar on 5th jan and am so excited that it's one step forward fingers xed time flies by for us x

Back