• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SHOCKED , I BEEN REFERRED !!!

BlueDiamond

Hello everyone

i went to my local hospital yesterday to get the results of my test (cushing syndrome) to be told that i do not have it (yipee) as you can imagine i was over the moon not having to have the operation to remove the gland from my brain (yes, i do have one (lol). After much long discussion about my weight and pcos, the doctor has referred me for gastric banding at queens hospital in romford, i must admit i was shocked when he suggested it , but because i have other health issue's he has stated that my bmi falls under the co-morbidities (nice) guidelines and cannot see no reason why dr/mr khoo should not agree to band me ..............erm needless to say i am still in shock as i was going to the hospital for one set of results and got help in another matter................gr8 or what, am also told that the turn around for queens is really quick (although, i am prepared to be patient and w8) no pun intended,lol.

My friend cat had her's done @ queens and she had to wait until she had her gallstones out and within a month her had her banding date.....................so fingers crossed and i wait to see what happens................just thought i would share this with you all (hope thats ok)

take care - julie x;)

Yeehaw great news there julie bet you are reeling but gosh you have done so so well yourself you more than deserve another tool to work with to give you a little help
REally thrilled for you and also great news about the Cushings xx jay xx

Thats Fabulous news that you don't have cushing syndrome, also Fabulous news that your doc has has referred You for gastric banding.
Wishing you the best of luck, Keep us updated on how you get on.

I will keep you informed and thanks for your comments, it was actually the dr @ the hospital that referred me and not my gp which helps (so i am told) .........i shall just w8 and see, after all i got all the time in the world

all the best - julie x

thats great news julie hopefully the wait shouldnt be to long for you x

no probs x

thats a double dose of fantastic news ;-) and you know it wont be long now until your a loser for life

Hello everyone

i went to my local hospital yesterday to get the results of my test (cushing syndrome) to be told that i do not have it (yipee) as you can imagine i was over the moon not having to have the operation to remove the gland from my brain (yes, i do have one (lol). After much long discussion about my weight and pcos, the doctor has referred me for gastric banding at queens hospital in romford, i must admit i was shocked when he suggested it , but because i have other health issue's he has stated that my bmi falls under the co-morbidities (nice) guidelines and cannot see no reason why dr/mr khoo should not agree to band me ..............erm needless to say i am still in shock as i was going to the hospital for one set of results and got help in another matter................gr8 or what, am also told that the turn around for queens is really quick (although, i am prepared to be patient and w8) no pun intended,lol.

My friend cat had her's done @ queens and she had to wait until she had her gallstones out and within a month her had her banding date.....................so fingers crossed and i wait to see what happens................just thought i would share this with you all (hope thats ok)

take care - julie x;)

Fantastic news. Had to read the last paragraph twice though as I though you had said your friends cat had a gastric band pmsl

brill news, hope ur wait isnt too long! x

Back