• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did anyone write letters to your children/partners b4 ur surgery

wow, its a difficult topic but an excellent thread all the same. I have 3 children one is 16 one is 9 and one is 4.
I decided to be honest and upfront with my 16 and 9 year old. They know what its like for me to constantly sit on the sidelines when i should be the one in the thick of it all. They know there is a risk but they also know that if i am one of the lucky ones that we can have the life that was set out for us originally.

This is an interesting thread... i made sure my insurance would cover the house and told hubby over and over again what to pay off with it, told my friends to pop in daily to see hubby and mum and dad are ok, A few friends wouldnt even hear that anything might go wrong and thought i was exagerating...
made details for hubby what comes out of the bank and when... and told him to mother the dog cos she`d miss me too!

For some reason i had very little thought of dying thru the op.
Therefore, i didn't write letters or have the whole 'if i dont make it' speeches, i must be too optimistic! :D
I work in a Funeral Directors and so am surrounded by death, maybe that had summat to do with it - i dunno. xx

Hi all ty for all ur posts it was good to read all ur different responses and what u did or not do.
I am still going ahead with my plans and the only thing i have not sorted out is my funeral, i already have a reserved spot :( which is a family plot and my uncle said he does not want to be buried in a Jewish graveyard so 2 years ago he gave me his space lol so i have a reservation.

As time creeps nearer just 2 months on 2 days till my op date or earlier if i get a cancellation reality is kicking in and i def know that surgery is the only way to save my life and also what i am doing preparation wise god forbid i dont make it is the def right way forward for me and Aaron.

Ty 4 taking the time to read and post xxx

Back