• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery ad small children

wobbles

Hi,

I have a 13 month old son, he'll be 14 months old when i have my surgery, and he likes to be picked up a lot and cuddled.
I'm wondering how long it will be after the surger that i'll be able to pick him up, and pick him up out of his cot and carry him etc?
My husband will have a week off work after the op to help out, but i'm not sure if that will be long enough or if i'll need more help.

The surgery will be open rather than laparoscopic.

Thank you.

hi i have a 14month old and like you i was worried about picking her up and carrying her.
i did have laparoscopic but couldnt lift her for a day and couldnt bend over cot for about 3days..
i did have open surgery when my little boy was young and i was unable to pick him up for about a week..
hope this helps
emma

Hi Wobbles,

Congratulations on your surgery, which are you having?

Im having a band on 28th oct, I saw the consultant on tuesday and just recevd the appointment letter this morning, that made it all nice and real! I don't know about you, but I have been obsessed with talking about it, researching it and studying pictures to see what I might look like after losing a lot of weight! How much do yo want to lose?

I am currently 18 st 10lbs and would like to get to 10 stone and then see how I feel, having never been slim in my life Im sure I will feel a million dollars once I can shop in non plus-size shops!!!
When is your op?

Good luck with it, I will be supporting your progress!!

Ginaxxxx

Hi, thanks e.green, that's very helpful.

Cowgirl, thanks for that. My surgery is on the 21st October, and i'm having a gastric bypass. I have about (i worked it out the other day) 12 stone to lose, which will get to me 11 stone, which is what i should be for my height. The surgeon said i should lose about 10 stone in the first year, how crazy is that!?!?!

Congratulations on getting your appointment, that's wonderful. I too can't wait to shop in normal clothes shops, and look good rather than frumpy and uncomfortable.
It is my goal that by the time i'm 30, in 2010, i will be what i should weigh, 11 stone, fit healthy and active, able to play with my son.

There have been a few hiccups along the way which has stopped me getting obsessed, but now that it's getting closer i love daydreaming about being skinny, and trying to figure out what sort of clothes i'll wear, what style will suit me best, where a i going to go shopping, i should start saving etc etc lol. It's really something to look forward to.

Anyway, i look forward to hearing all about your journey.

xx

Hi Wobbles

Wow thats excellent. Losing 10 stones in the first year! Yep that does seem madness and not something I can get my head around, but then when you haven't ever seen yourself as something, it's hard to imagine it isn't it!? I will be 30 in dec next year 2009 so this is a goal of mine too! I keep saying my life will begin at 30! lol

xxx

Hi wobbles, i too have a little girl who was 15 months old when i had surgery. I was advised to not carry her upstairs for 2 weeks but to be honest my hubbie was working away and i was doing everything for both of my kids within 5 days. Not ideal but had no choice. My little girl was constantly saying want mummy which made me feel so guilty. Just try to take things easy and avoid carrying them around too much x

Back