• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Partners !!

Happydays

Hi everyone I am still researching surgeons (first one tomorrow) with a view to gastric banding. I keep coming across comments eg "don't underestimate the impact on your partner" Mine is a bit anxious but seems fine - well perhaps a bit bored listening to banding talk :8855: Those of you on the "losing side" - is there anything in particular to do, or not do, to prepare him? I am a bit worried that he sees this as yet another diet. Yesterday he said, "And if this doesn't work do you just pop back to have it removed?"
Did you ask/ expect your beloved to change his eating behaviour after the op?
PS I have bought a new dressing gown so I must be serious!!!!

Well, my hubby before i had the op was in the psition "you are most beautiful girl in the world with just a bit (hmmm....!) of tummy after babies! And you don't need the surgery, it is for fat people".
Suprise suprise! I am fat!!! Had the ebarassment of showing him my bmi ( I don't think he believed his eyes and thought I tricked him....)
Anyways, he wasn't exactly against it but very scared to loose me.

Since my op he has been AMAZING!!! Very supportive and very caring! By his own wish he went on Atkins to help me (didn't last too long, bless him.)

The only thing you can do is educate him as much about op as you can. Better giving something to read instead of telling herself (I don't know why, but mens brain waorks much better if they see something with their own eyes!):8855:

I just found to keep him in the "loop" and as informed as possible( took him too all me pre op/post op appointments as well to eliviate the worry......his been a real trooper and looked after me all the time. xx

Back