• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did losing weight affect your relationship

misshell

Hi there im due to have my surgery on the 27 august and i cant wait lol. My other half is behind me all the way we have been together 18 years have 4 kids and are very happy :D BUT i am worried that although he says he is looking forward to the "new me" as much as i am will he feel differently once i have lost the weight?

I have never been "slim" even when we met so im not sure how he is going to be with the extra attention etc that i might get? and i will prob look sooo much different than he has ever seen me.

Just wondering your experiences of this good or bad, i know i will be soo much happier in myself and more confident but just worried how this will affect him. Im hoping that he will be happy for me and love the new me as much as i will and that he wont get jealous as he has never been in all our years together.

no it hasnt mine,weve been together 10 years and have 2 children,i was a size 14 when he met and i ballooned to a size 24 at my heaviest,im now a size 18/20 and to be honest were happier now then we was before,i can understand why alot of relationships end though after huge weightloss but if your meant to be together then you will no matter what size either of you are xx

hiya, i had bypass almost a yr ago. my wieght has reduced immensly. went from size 28/30 to a 14 in 11months.my hubby knew me as a thin person back in 1995.he was a bit jealous at my new confidence but now he says he loves the way i am now. and sex is amazing lol.cant get enough so you have some fun times ahead lol. good luck with the future tc x

oh yes my relationship changed i'm now a new man and she is loving it we do more things together now than we did before were as i could not get my arse out of the coutch we are now going to the gym together, walk together swim together and in the bedroom well you get the picture lol it's the best thing i ever did 11 1/2 stones in 11 months and still losing so things can only get better
"good title for a song that"
so if you work at it just like the lifestyle you will get a better relationship
hard work but worth it

Made no difference, he loved me fat and loves me slim. I must admit I was cautious as my oh is Eastern and they love big blondes but he's adapted nicely bless him
:)

No difference to my relationship. He is confident in himself, so no insecurities have arisen. Loves me for me, not what weight i am. Good luck x

My marriage is exactly the same , not been effected at all, except the additional years I have left in my life :)

no we're fine :) the only difference it has made is he backed the car into the pebble dashed wall at home and his only excuse was "i was looking at you " :) silly man xx

Im getting more phone calls, "where are you, how long you gonna be" but on the whole hes been fine. It must be quite hard for the one whos seeing the weight come off, i really dont know what i would be like if it was the other way around?

Kim

Been married 37 years he loved me at 12 stone he loved me at 32st 11lbs and now at 11stones. If he's right for you he's right for you he's right for you whatever size, if he isn't well that's a different story I think

I'm having my surgery soon and I have discussed this with my husband. I wasn't concerned but I just wanted his thoughts. All he said was " I hope you don't lose your boobs" what can I say lol. I know it won't make any difference xxx

LOL I have just read this post and my response to it, to my hubby, and he has just decided to tell me, he has become insecure...that's the last time I ask his opinion :rolleyes:

My husband is concerned that I'm going to leave him. He said he doesn't care what size I am- well, as long as I don't get too skinny. His words! but he is really worried that I am going to change and want someone new. I agree with stuckinafatsuit, I can't imagine my husband doing it.
Sometimes I feel selfish for wanting it so badly.

i honestly believe it's up to us, if we decide to go out and do things we have never done because we were to fat then we have to be sensible, i would never go out in short dress or skirt wiggle everything at anyone or declare it's time for me !
i think that is what they are scared of and i have seen people do this over the years and unfortunately it has not ended happily,
myself i believe i have a strong marriage and don't want to go out without hubby i love being with him and i kind of think that's how it should be,i am still the same me inside as i always was whether fat or thin and i have been both :)

Thanks everybody :D very positive replies, i have asked my other half how he will feel about the "new me" and he says he is looking forward to us doing more things together that my weight has stopped me from doing (not physicaly but lack of confidence and embarrasment on my part :()

He also said its a complitment for him if other people look at me but knowing we are together arrrr bless him lol lets just hope he still feels the same a year down the line lol :D

He also made reference to the boobs situation ie hoping they dont shrink as the weight comes off!!

Yes it did! But it's more mainly to do with the years of me hiding away because I was fat, and now there's this new person who's a bit more confident, a bit more outspoken, a bit more interested in how she looks.....Have to say, it came as quite a shock to the other half! Now when I catch him staring at me I get paranoid thinking I've grown another nose or something so I'll ask him what he's staring at and he says "You. Because you are and you look amazing". And it takes a while for me to believe him! I can't help thinking that our other halves sort of maybe get a little ignored throughout all this - they're affected too and I had to acknowledge that.
Unfortunately I have no boobs anymore :wave_cry:

PS - Excellent choice of surgeon...!

Last edited:
Back