• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cant stop crying, sick and tired of pain and being in hospital :(

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all firstly can i thank u all for all ur posts and good wishes from the post the Gaelic girl AKA Allie set up for me a few weeks ago whilst in was in hospital and also an update thread i posted i am sorry if i did not manage to respond to u all as the past 3 weeks have been so hard for me.

After my laparoscopy 3 weeks ago i was sill in serious pain and went to see my gp who also diagnosed diverticulitis and put on a 9 day course of anti biotics. Come Tuesday i was in major pain so took myself to my local hospital Chase Farm, where i was given a shot of morphine, fluids and anti sickness meds, and sent home with some more anti sickness meds. Got home and felt drugged and slept all day and felt exactly the same on Wednesday.
Come 5 pm on Wednesday i felt weird, i then got muscle spasms in my right side of my face, then the left side and it was excruciating pain, then the same in my right arm, i had sweat pouring of my face and the pain was un bearable, then Aaron came in and started panicking when he saw the state i was in and by this time my right side of my face had dropped, he called an ambulance and within 3/4 mins i had a fast response medic at my door who thought i had a stroke, then 5 mins after the ambulance crew came and after examining me came to the ridiculous conclusion the i was having a "panic attack" :mad::mad::mad:but said as i am in pain they would take me to casualty. Got to Chase farm by this time my right had had closed like a claw and i could not open it, as my paper work said it was just a panic attack, they did not even triage me and shoved me in a cubicle at the bottom of the minors ward, where people where put if they had something minor like a throat infection or a sprained ankle, the wait there to see a doc was 3/4 hrs.

I was crying as the pain was so bad, and Aaron kept asking for someone to help us and all he was told was " we have 2 wait our turn and there is nothing seriously wring with ur mum :mad::mad::mad::mad:"
After 3 hrs a young nurse come in n looked at me and was shocked 2 see the state i was in, she said no way this is a panic attack and asked to see the meds i was on, she then looked at the anti sickness meds i was on "metroclopermide" and read the leaflet with it and it said "very rare severe side effects uncontrollable facial and body spasms and u need to get urgent medical help, by this time my teeth were stuck together in the spasm, i took another 45 mins to get a doc who then prescribed me a tablet for parkinsons disease which relax`s ur muscles.
It was meant to work within 20 mins but had no affect at all, after 30 mins i was transferred to the obs ward and i was in such a state Aaron ran to the ward to find the doc, she came and prescribed me a next dose through my IV and the triage nurse came to administer it to me, he was shocked to know that i was not triaged as he would of been the nurse i would of seen and he said he would know straight away it was an severe allergic reaction and not a panic attack :mad::mad::mad:
After 3 doses the muscles relaxed and come 6 am we left but i was told to send someone back to get the prescription as i needed to take the meds for the whole day to prevent this happening again.
My best friend took me up and i was just about to sign the prescription when i noticed this script was not for me it was for the lady in the bed next to me :eek::eek::eek: OMG i think chase farm must have a hit out on me lol, eventually got my prescription and came home.

Come Sat night i was practically delirious with pain, i had not eaten anything for 7 days and barely drunk any fluids fir 2/3 days so on Sunday(a week ago) morning Julie bought me here to the Whitt and i was re admitted.
Have had every test poss and eventually they think they have a diagnosis, what they saw was a second pouch that my body has made on its own and food is going in there and causing me serious pain and nausea.
The surgeon who operated on me Mr Heath for my Lapararoscopy said he wants me to wait till Mr Sufi my surgeon is back from annual leave on Monday and wants him to do the op as this is something he has not seen before.

Have now been in the Whittington for a week and hoping to have my op by Tuesday/Wednesday, Mr Heath said they need to close up my second pouch then remove it but there is a chance that they might have 2 re bypass me again.:eek::eek:
I cant complain the nursing staff on Betty Mansel ward have been amazing and so caring but i am so tearful and low and sick and tired of needles and pain and being attached to a drip and pca morphine pump for the past week to control the pain.
I am scared and nervous about possibly having to be re bypassed again.

Sorry for such a long and dragged out post,i am feeling so low and have just had enough well and truly and some days i cant stop crying. I found out that a friend of mine was stabbed and killed on Friday night, Pat was such a happy friendly guy and he lived with his wife and daughter 10 doors away from me, his daughter Charlotte went out with my son Aaron for 18 months, and watching this on sky news on Saturday morning was like i was in the middle of a horrendous nightmare and i could not believe it had happened to such a lovely guy, i just wanted to discharge myself and go home but Aaron talked me out of it and at the mo i am still in 2 minds whether to go home or not as i dont know if i am in the right frame of mind at the mo to deal with major surgery.

I am not sure if i will be able to respond to ur posts as 9/10 i cant even get on line with this stupid pay as u go dongle, it seems to drop the signal every few mins, this is the fifth time in 3 days i have tried to write this.

Take care and hope ur all having a good weekend, luv Roch xxx

Last edited:
Thinking of you Roch, you are going through so much... I am lighting my peace candle for you today and alongside this, sending you lots of love and hugs... hoping for better days very soon for you...

xxx

Oh dear . My heart goes out to you today. I hope this is the beginning of better things for you and that they get you sorted out. Please think carefully about discharging yourself. I think medical staff are less likely to help you if you have pain etc if you go home and I know it seems horrible to be in hospital but you have got medical care and support there. Think of the pressure you will put on Aaron as he wont know what to do and will hate seeing you in pain. Stick with it until the surgeon is back and they decide what happens next.
Get some trashy books and magazines, put the telly on and resign yourself to staying put for a while. Im sure it will be the best thing to do.
Lots of love and best wishes to you and hope you can read the all posts I am sure you will get and start to feel better soon
Love jO XX

Good grief I'm shocked with all you've been through! You poor poor thing. And your Aaron is a star - he must have been so scared bless him.

And he's right - you stay in the hospital were you're getting the right care at last. Have your op - even if it be a re-bypass - and then you can start your recovery and hopefully put all this behind you.

Sending big hugs and hoping you feel much better soon.

Sorry to hear what an ordeal you've had hon. I hope heads will roll for the mistake in A&E. I know being in hospital sucks but it's probably best that you wait for your surgeon as he will know best. Keep strong and stay focussed on the end result. A year from now you'll be thin and happier and all this will seem like a bad dream.
take care xxx

OMG, you have had such a bad time & I am really sorry to hear this!! Please do not discharge yourself, you need a op to relieve you of this pain.

I was wondering the other day about you as I hadn't seen any posts from you & just presumed you had been too busy.

Take care

Oh Roch i am so sorry. I was nearly in tears reading your heart breaking incident. Just remember that if you discharge yourself and dont have this op you will be regretting it. You may not feel like you are in the right frame of mind now, but in a few days/weeks time you will wish you had just got it over with. Trust me.
I really feel for all that you have gone through Roch, I also feel for your son, as i know how awful it is watching your mum go through so much complications after weight loss surgery. But stay strong, stay positive and remember we are all here for you :) xxx

Roch I cannot really add to whats already been said I just wanted to say I really feel for you. My heart goes out to you and your son. I hope you start to feel better really soon (HUGS) So sorry to hear about your friend being stabbed too, you must be in bits at the moment ..........sending you loads of love and hugs XXXX

Roch , im so sorry your having an awful time , please stay in hospital and get yourself better , sending you hugs xxxxxxxx

o gosh im speechless at what your going through, im hoping for very quick speedy recovery and on the road to healing xx

Know you're having trouble getting and staying on line hun. But just wanted to check in and see if you're feeling a little better. Do you have lots of visitors to cheer you up?

oh Roch I really don't know where to start or what to say. You have been through unbelievable complications and you must stay strong. If you can't do that just now then keep logging on here and we will give you the strength to keep going. I really am keeping my fingers crossed that everything gets sorted out for you.

Good luck.

Roche you poor lady! I know you want to go home where your heart is but please oh please stay in hospital. The minute you self discharge you will become less of a priority and they will perceive you are not suffering to the extent that you are...

Stick it out girl and if you have to be re-bypassed then so be it. Things have got to start looking up for you real soon xx

Roch I am so sorry to read all this but please stay where you are. This sounds a very rare occurrence and if you come home and it gets worse then you may be a long time getting back to the Whittingdon where they know what they are doing. Hold tight it will not be long now and this definitely needs sorting out or you may be in danger yourself healthwise which will make Aaron suffer unbearably.

Thinking of you

M

Roch I'm so very sorry to hear what a horrendous time you've been having. I hope you manage to stay in the hospital until you see your surgeon. This awful situation MUST be sorted out and soon. You cannot go on like this love.

I'm also so very sorry to hear about your friend.

Sending much love and prayers for a swift recovery now,

Charis xx

Hi Roch, what a nightmare. Hope you feel better in yourself very soon, thinking of you - Paul xx

Hi Roch,

Stay in hopital until you are sorted. Keep strong hun xxx

Back