• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

skin after surgery

drylaw

hi there have a question for those of you that have had surgery
i have a lot of weight to lose if and when i get surgery but at the moment im at my heaviest ive ever been and i would say most of my weight is on my boobs (massive) and middle so much so that my stomoch overhangs i have already lots of huge stretch marks with years of yoyoing dieting and would say have slight bingo wings
my legs are fairly normal well maybe top of thighs a bit beefy in fact most people comment that i have skinny legs/ankles (think they mean for a fat person )anyway what i was wondering as i dont really exercise at the moment as i get out of breath easily and im hoping as i lose weight it will be come easier but how has other peoples skin reacted to the large weight losses

sorry for the long post

this is one thing i am dreading lose skin....my GP keeps telling me not to worry .............................It will all get sorted.......short of her having a magic wand i dont know what

Hiya, you will probably end up needing a tummy tuck but its hard to say because we're all different. From what Ive read people hate the loose skin but most people say they would have the operation again as it has changed there lives so much. I'd go with the flow a day at a time, worry about that another day, good luck with your wls journey xxx

hi. the way you are describing yourself, could also be the same description as me. I had thin legs to just past the knee upwards, I had/have a very large tummy which did touch my legs.... I have managed to oft this somewhat with excersise and I know you say you can't exercise at the moment you will and swimming is the best. I will prob still need an apronectomy but for now it's ok. unfortunatleyy breasts which were 52 G are now 44 dd and without a bra are empty ugly sacks. nut hey that's what magic underwear is for. and even if I start standing on them when walking up the stairs I would rather that than live in my old body xx hope this helps xx

I am dreading that to!

...even if I start standing on them when walking up the stairs I would rather that than live in my old body

pmsl...! I know 'cosmetic' surgery after weight loss is a very personal thing, but if anything on me needs doing, I'm going to get the lot cut off, stapled, nipped & tucked as needed, but I'm not worrying about it at all until I reach goal (however long it takes) & I've maintained for at least a year. From what I've read (and seen) on here, you whole body shape can change quite dramatically with those last couple of stone, & exercise is a key factor too!

Same here......if I can get money for plastics they can nip tuck and snip away to their hearts content lol Bring on the surgeons :D

Hi, I'm a very slow loser and have never lost more than 2-3lb a week even in the beginning. This really depressed me but what I found a bonus was because it was slow coming off my skin had time to adapt and didn't sag as much as I thought it would. My arms are the only thing that I consider a problem - belly a bit lumpy but I think that's toning up which is needed. I think I would have had bingo wings in any event as my mum had them and she wasn't overweight.

Its 18 months today since my op.

I've lost 13 st 2lb gone from 32/34 clothes to a size 12 and 50G bra to 36DD though thinking today a C would be better and possibly a 34.

My tummy overhang my legs and boobies drooped to waist pre-op.

Now tummy still overhangs slightly, boobs have to be placed in my bra and are so wrinkly, inner thighs and bottom very wrinkly. I have quite a well defined waist!! Get me!! :8855:

Bingo wings - wave and I take off!!

Recently another WLS friend described sitting down as being surrounded by a tutu - I empathise with her totally :sigh:

Never thought I would want plastics - I decided I wouldn't even think about it - I scar very badly - my knee replacements look like worms crawling down my knees :eek:

DON'T be put off by this my DS has given me back my life and I wouldn't change it for the world - in my clothes I don't look half bad - aslong as I don't wave lol

Good luck

Angela xx

Must be honest and say I have been left with excess skin in all the usual places - after surgery I had a few problems and ended up staying in hospital for a month - here I gained 50lbs - my skin was so stretched it came close to splitting and I had to be creamed to prevent it.

That's the honest negative - but knowthe positive - I don't care!!!!!!!!!I'm not saying I never mention it to my OH cause I do - but I am now fitter, healthier and happier than ever and I know thatif the skin does bother me then I will just have the surgey. It is honestly a small in fact TINY price to pay xxx

I have lost 10 1/2 stone from my heaviest and have quite a lot of excess skin on my front just under my bust and a lower apron but the bit inbetween is fine as is all my back and bottom. The bit that bothers me the most is my inner thighs as these show when I am wearing a swimming costume which hides the rest.

This all said, when fully dressed I look and feel good which is most of the time and when undressed I still look better than I did at my heaviest!

Good luck with your journey!
x

thanks to all who have been honest in their replys this is one of the parts which has worried me but if i am able to have surgery and i have some of the success that everyone on here has had and i can walk more than the length of myself which is more than i can do just now i guess it will have been worth it as well as being able to tie my own shoes with ease
thanks again to all for the feedback

Back