• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did you have your op in so far in 2013? How are you doing?

miss_malone

I know that there were quite a few of us getting their op in Jan and Feb 2013 and i just wanted to create a thread and ask how everyone is coping with the new eating regime and getting on with their weight loss.

Also if you have a great post-op food tip that would be wonderful - I know I am struggling to keep meals interesting and not too repetitive!

My food tip is iceland White Fish Steak in Parsley sauce .... £1 for a 4 pack and only 109 cals in the whole thing (plus a great 14g of protein but only 4g of carbs!).

My other life saver is MyFitnessPal.

Hi Miss Malone. Great thread for us new post oppers. Had my bypass on 5th Feb. Now 2 wks later and dropped just over a stone in weight, 3" from my chest. So the changes are already happening.
Food intake has been mainly soups, as I'm still on the puree stage, though I am introducing soft foods every other day.
Have endured x2 long walks today, so trying my best to up my fitness levels. In all approx 6-7 miles today. A personal best. Feeling tired now after a shower, but still good and no aches anywhere. Later I'm going to try an omlette and see how I get on with that.

I had my wrap oon 5th feb and am still on liquids stage for another week. Am now coping with all types of fluids including milky ones and have been having some small yoghurts too. Can't wait to move onto puree for a bit more substance lol. Its not that I'm hungry cos I'm not, just fancy a change from soup.

Had my sleeve 14th Jan. no idea how much weight I have lost will find out the 5th March :)

I am eating mushy food: tonight one faggot in gravy, tablespoon of mash, tablespoon of mushy peas

The good thing is I have had no sickness at all. I am well aware of my portion sizes and I know if there is too much on my plate now and will not even attempt to eat it all. Unheard of in the past!

So far no complaints from me well apart from constipation....OMG will figure out a natural solution before long I hope!

I am definatley struggling this weke with my eyes literally being too big for my belly!

I eat off a side plate, and serve very small portions for myself, but i still think they are too big. Dr. H said to not eat more than 100g at a time and this past week I got into the bad habit of not measuring that 100g, so my goal this week is to measure.

However, he also said to eat 5 small meals a day and I don't know that I can do that - it's a bit of a grey area for me which can trigger grazing - I'm better with the very strict 3 meals a day no snacking regime. And I know that the 3 meals a day regime works for me, so in that case should I eat more than 100g at those meals.

It's tough to know, I am terrified of stretching my sleeve!

I would say stick to the 100g then you don't stretch your sleeve. If you like your 3 rigid meals could you perhaps have a couple of milky coffees for snacks, so that you are getting the nutrition but it doesn't feel like a meal per se?

I had mine Jan 26th, so far so good, have lost 36lb in total, 22lb since the op 3 weeks ago. Struggling to eat more than 400-500 kcals a day and to get protein from it. Am supposed to be on purée now but still finding it hard to make the transition from liquids - also v worried about stretching sleeve. My fitness pal is brilliant - use it daily to track my intake, what are people eating to get their protein? I also struggle to take in enough fluid, I was never good drinking fluid/water in volume before now it's harder, but my loss I'm happy with so far!

I had my op on Feb. 13 and I am doing ok. I am moving from liquids to puree and so far so good. I'm having trouble getting my water and eating. I get full and stay full for so long and afraid to drink anything. I'm trying to eat less and drink more today and see if it helps.

I'm finding stewed apples very easy to manage whilst being 2 wks post op. Nice taste and full of goodness re vitamins. Peel 'em, core 'em and bung 'em in a pan.

Hi. I was sleeved on 24th Feb and am counting down the days (only 2 left) until I can start introducing soft stuff as I am now struggling with the puree. I am just about to hit the 3st lost since the start of my 2 week prep diet (10th Jan) so am already delighted to be in my size down clothes. I am keeping up my protein intake but confess I am struggling to get in the 5-6 small meals a day as I have absolutely no hunger! I'm not supposed to start taking my precribed vits until Thursday this week (as they won't be absorbed) but in themiddle of last week I started to feel dog tired so called my provider who recommended I source a suckable good quality multi vit for the interim and within a couple of days I am feeling chipper again! How are things going with you?

Back