• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diet coke on liver shrinking diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle79

Hello does anyone know whether you can drink diet coke or Pepsi max which has no sugar in it on the pre op Liver shrinking diet ?

I wasn't allowed and it's a good idea to get out of the habit as you can't have it post op. I live off NAS squash! :) xx

I wasn't allowed and it's a good idea to get out of the habit as you can't have it post op. I live off NAS squash! :) xx
Thanks it says on my diet sheet that you can drink diet drinks but think I'll go cold turkey as won't be able to to when I have had the op x

you dont need to go cold turky just have coffee with loads of milk in it thats it becouse any sugger can make your liver hard and they wont do it

I stopped drinking pepsi the easter before To fizzy water up till my LSD then from that point NAS squash. Have had the odd fizzy drink (not coke) since but with most of the fizz knocked out
Did have a small beer the other day ....wont be doing that again it just foamed up & was hard to even swallow!

Last edited:
Technically you can, but you want to wean yourself off them asap. You can't drink them fizzy afterwards as it will be oh soooooo painful :). You can drink them once you have very thoroughly de fizzed over 24 hours afterwards, but flat, stale and a lot of effort to defizz them the magic soon vanishes :). My suggestion is cold turkey and stay super strong on the pre-op. Good luck :)

I wouldn't, even if it is no sugar it's still full of rubbish like chemicals and stabilizers and its the liver that filters it all, gotta get that liver shrunk... :)

I stopped it a few weeks before my LSD to get ready...ive been on NAS Vimto ever since, seven months without a pepsi max!!

Hey I would drink as much as you can now cause no way after surgery!! I miss the bubbles in iron bru and proseco more than I Miss the food....just saying!!!

If you have to, drink coke zero. It doesn't have citric acid in, which I believe causes hunger in a lot of folk.

Stay away from Pepsi max (my fave soft drink ever) as it has twice the caffeine of others.

I did exante for my LSD and drank only water and a can of coke zero a day. Got me through nicely. Prior to that I drank up to 4l of Pepsi max a day.

If you have to, drink coke zero. It doesn't have citric acid in, which I believe causes hunger in a lot of folk. Stay away from Pepsi max (my fave soft drink ever) as it has twice the caffeine of others. I did exante for my LSD and drank only water and a can of coke zero a day. Got me through nicely. Prior to that I drank up to 4l of Pepsi max a day.
Thanks Pepsi max is my fave I started my LSD on Friday and have been good and not had none I'm not going to bother now I chucked the Pepsi max I had at home in the bin to stop me wanting it x

I lived off Pepsi max on my LSD it was the only thing that got me through. Then I just went cold turkey. I think I will miss the bubbles come summer. Nothing better than a cold lemonade and lime but I'm not that fussed :) x

Coke zero only, diet coke can take you out of ketosis which you want to be in, no hunger when that kicks in x

I did - about 6/7 cans a day lol!!!

I was a diet coke addict, had no issues with op and have not had a diet coke in 3 weeks and no cravings which is mental lol!!!

Xxxx

@Nickynooo this thread is over two years old! Are you clicking on the popular threads right now? because they are usually old ones for some reason :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back