• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh no!!!!

Serapis Bey

Hi

I'd managed to loose 2 stones through slimming world. The surgeon & didteitoion were really happy with me. I wasnt required to loose the weight but I did anyway.

I have gained alot of it back. My operation is in Jan 2011. I havent been given a date yet. So dont know when I'll be starting the liver shrinking diet.

I'm going to aim to loose weight before the op.

Can they cancel the operation if I've gained weight before the liver shrinking diet?

ummmmmmm, eeek, right what was your wl target? were you given one?.... if so aim to lose that and any more is a bonus, 2 stone before jan with xmas is gonna be hard... if you wernt and just lost the two stone, then id just try to get as much off as i could...... i do know in SRH which is up in sunderland they will and have cancelled ops if the weight goes back on..... that was the first thing the nurse said to me...was anything at all said to you regarding maintaining for your op? or losing xx

I doubt they will see you before you start the diet. They will probably just send you a letter. As you said, they didn't ask you to lose weight.

Obviously try and keep as much weight off as possible as this will only be better for yourself during the operation :)

Thank you all :)

I wasn't given a weight goal at all. The dietician just went through the pre & post op diets. The surgeon explained the procedure, asked me to sign some forms & put me on the waiting list.

Im waiting for a date. I spoke to my surgeons secretary & she told me I would receive a letter in January and I would also be operated on in January.

Im gonna have to be really careful because I'm also going on holiday in a few weeks time.

Thanks for your advice, I will really watch what I eat & try and loose the weight that i've gained.

Back