• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diet for dogs

BandyEmm

Whats the best diet for a elderly dog?

We dotn give him scraps any more

and he has a handful of biccys in the morning and he has his baked bean size tin of meat and a hand ful of biccys in the eve.

he cant walk far as hes old and over weight :(

Any tips ?

In my pet shop "jolleys" (might not spelt it right lol) i have seen a few brands of very good food for senior dogs, one of them being "james well beloved" i can def recommend this brand i give it to my 2 girls and they thrive on it big time.
Hope this helps u take care xx

Poor bugger, sounds like me! My old faithful Muska died this year, he was a collie and he was over 20 years old! He had always had dried food and when he got older we had to mix it with water or gravy. He just ate less as he got older but the same stuff X

Thanks girls. We got him in 2008 from the dog rescue, he was in there due to him having a tumour in his back, This was removed and thankfully he got the all clear. We were told by the rescue to expect 1-2 years life expectancy out of him, He was 8 years old roughly. So 2 years this september we have had him.

I can surely say hes the most loving, loyal, stupid, thickest, laziest, snoring loudly Boxer i have ever met!!!
:)

Awwww I luv him already :cry: Boxers are so rewarding......as you say stupid, lazy, funny snoring farting beasts lol X

Sounds like me!!!! Hills Science Plan is great and you can get this from pet shops/vets they will do a senior lite one which would be ideal xxx

Back