• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

To fill or not to fill that is the question...

fbscpa

Hi Guys,

After my last fill I noticed a LOT of restriction, and had trouble eating certain foods - particularly meat. However its now 2 months on and I can eat more and feel more hunger.

The dilemma I'm facing is that I've just signed myself up for a personal trainer. He has written me a very strict diet and exercise plan. The diet plan is basically to cut out all sugars apart from a portion controlled carbohydrate serving on workout days. Other than that the diet consists of lean meats, soups, vegetables, eggs and nuts.

I've lost 4.5 lb in 5 days so I am very excited about the diet and am feeling 100 % committed at the moment.

However, I am due for a fill on Saturday morning, and I'm in a bit of a dilemma what to do. My calories are averaging 1200 kcals (some of which are burnt off by exercise). But, I am feeling really quite hungry between meals so think a fill might help with that?

On the other hand, I'm worried a fill will take me back to having real problems eating meat and will set me back on my current diet plan.

So do I go for the fill with the hope I will be less hungry and find my PT's foodplan easier to stick to - or do I stay the way I am and rely on motivation to stick to the diet and just get passed the hunger pangs?

Anyone any opinions...?

My band is at 6.25 ml (in a 10.5 ml band), and my last fill was 0.5 ml on 07/04/2014.... I've lost about 5 lb since then so not a huge loss!

I'm at 7.2 in a 10ml band. I got restriction at my last fill but it's wearing off again. I'll probably get another fill in a few weeks.
My 2 pennies worth is I'd get a small fill. I find if i have problems eating anything it is only for a short while after the fill & you could always opt for white fish for protein?

Thanks for the advice - thats what I was thinking myself. I've had a chicken curry portion for tea that I would normally struggle to eat and I'm not sat starving again. Hopefully a small fill will help control the hunger again.

Also I think part of my problem is my band tightening up first thing in the morning / when hungry / stressed. However having a hot drink really seems to be helping with that so fingers crossed I won't have as many problems with this next fill..

I agree, I'd just have a really tiny fill - and tell the nurse what you've said in your post. She might recommend you not to have one for now.

I have 5ml in a 10ml band. I had 4 ml put in on my first fill and really had the restriction from it. 5 weeks later my next fill and they tried 1.5ml but I couldn't swallow.. So took .5ml out.... Since and it's three weeks nearly im still feeling restriction. Sometimes I can eat but most of the time I'm never hungry, I plan on a small 0.25ml fill in two weeks time just to stop the wearing off effect. But I really don't want the restriction to be too much. My weights coming off lovely now without watching what I eat. Bread and red meats I don't eat anymore as I PB all the time. It's the head hunger and want to form the habit of munching that makes me eat not the hunger in my belly

Hope this helps - everyone's different x

Thanks guys - I have the fill appointment this morning so shall speak to the nurse and see what she advises! :)

So I had a 0.25 ml fill taking me to 6.5ml. The nurse offered me another 0.5 ml fill but I said I thought that was too much given how much of a difference it made last time.

Hoping for less problems with eating food but more satiation between meals... fingers crossed! :)

Back