• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet and fat free crispbreads

Tatiana

Hi there,

Last year, at the beginning of my journey, the dietician gave me a diet sheet for 3 weeks pre-op which seems to consist of no meat or fish but allowed egg whites, minimal fat (allowed virtually fat free cottage cheese, semi or skimmed milk but no other fats), unlimited fruit and veggies (including boiled or baked potatoes), sugars (sweets, jams, honey, meringues), rice noodles but no other pasta/rice, and the only bread/cereal I'm allowed are fat free crispbreads. I have to drink at least 35mls fluid per 1kg body weight and am unrestricted apart from no carbonated drinks and no alcohol. Even the amounts of allowed items is unlimited.

My problem is I can't find fat free crispbreads anywhere. The diet sheet did mention a brand called 'No No' which had been crossed through as the hospital were advised not to recommend specific brands. I've not been able to find any fat free crispbreads let alone the brand mentioned!!

Has anyone else found fat free crispbreads anywhere?

Tatiana

Thanks for that Phil, now all I've got to do is find a Morrison's near here (not easy in this area where they are scarce!!).

Good luck for Sunday, will think of you over the weekend - have got my pre-op on Monday morning but not got surgery date yet but soon!!

Tatiana

Hmm,

Just been checking this out and the nearest Morrison's is more than 12 miles away!

I don't think it's worth a 22+ mile round trip to get these crisp bakes _ back to the drawing board I think!

Tatiana

I've never even heard of NoNo as a brand!!!

Ryvita Original Crackerbreads have 0.2g fat per slice/21 cals - would these be low enough? They are just like eating 'dust' IMHO.

Ryvita Original Crispbreads - what I call generic ryvitas - are also 0.2g per slice but have 35 cals per slice.

also - Ryvita Dark Rye have 0.1g fat per slice, and 34 cals.

Hi Novomay,

Thanks for looking up those details for Ryvita - it looks as if the Dark Rye Ryvita may be allowed but, if the information the dietician gave me is correct at 0.5g fat/100g food product, then they are about the only thing that will be.

I am going to look tomorrow when I go to Sainsburys and then check out the fat content per 100g food when I go for my pre-op on Monday!!

Tatiana

Back