• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dietician

dawn08

Hi guys

Wondered if someone could tell me a bit more about your meeting with the dieticians and advice etc has to how to achieve the required weigh loss . I rang the nurse and she explained that they want you to lose 5 per cent in 12 weeks then maintain that for another 12 weeks while losing another 5 per cent and then and only then will you be referred to the bariatric team . I know it isn't a large amount but I haven't been able to achieve that type of small loss for years and worried how I would do it now

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Dawn

My team didn't require a specific loss but there had to be a loss. For me the knowledge that it was 'do it or lose it' re: the possibilty of surgery was enough. Likewise with the pre-op diet, some reserve of determination I didn't know I had kicked in.

Don't judge yourself harshly as that adds pressure to the pressure that is already there. It doesn't matter if you haven't managed it before - this is a new path that you've not been down before with a different goal.

Give yourself time to 'feel' your way around this. Make little changes to what you are eating - then each time you make another change it will just be another little change on top of what you are already doing.

Sorry I can't help more xx

Hi lincs lass

Thankyou you have been really helpful with your advise xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back