• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

paul's journey begins

The kidney infection situation sounds horrible. It's fantastic you've managed to lose weight with that going on.

I feel like i am going from 1 problem to another at the moment . I went to see the consultant orthopaedic surgeon on monday for a medical for the compo claim after the motorcycle crash in January and was told that i have Ankylosing Spondylitis and he will writing to my GP to confirm the facts as it wasn't picked up in hospital the other thing that came out the medical the knee has totally wrecked and has brought the need for a knee replacement forward by 5-10 years and he will put it forward to the insurance company that they pay for knee to be done privately or push for any extra 10 year payment on top.
This is the 2nd kidney stone and the pain has been relatively slight as i am strong pain killers for the knee and leg ulcer but the pain in the back is slowly rising. the has been no more signs of infection at the moment after last antibiotic yesterday morning (Wednesday) i am currently awaiting for a appointment to see the urologist. i am glad i am on holiday next week as i am desperate need of rest and sleep.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you have so much going on. I really hope the holiday helps x

Sorry to hear you have so much going on at the moment. Fingers crossed your holiday and extra sleep will help.

i do hope it does help as i had rather terse telephone call with H/r this morning they are not helping the stress and anxiety as that is beginning to build again after being off my anxiety meds Citlaphram for a week because of the antibiotics it is also not for my weight-loss as i am defiantly emotionally eating at the moment.

I hope the appointment goes well today x

update from appointments today, nurse is happy with weight progress even with yesterdays weight gain and ulcer on leg is in stasis the area has sloughed over i.e. dead layer over the ulcer inhibiting healing booked in for a chemical debridement next week that will be sore as it is basically taking sandpaper to the ulcer at least i will have some local anaesthetic while it is done . Appointment with doc was good and not so good, old age has caught up with me i have been diagnosed with enlarged prostate which has been causing the frequent night visits to the bathroom have been prescribed Tamsulosin . The kidney stone still hasn't moved which in someways is ok as i am in no pain or very little pain but not good as it means that the kidneys are being damaged. i still have not received a urology appointment doctor is chasing up as i have a stuck kidney stone but on bright side i still have no signs of infection, but the doctor did tell me today that it was a very nasty strain worse than E coli which is the normal culprit and to be on guard as it has a habit of returning as it very resistant to antibiotics. still waiting for my weight loss surgery date.

Last edited:
That's such a lot to get your head around. How are you feeling?

Well that sounds a normal response but very hard. Do you have people you can talk too? I know a big part of my weigh issues were caused by me eating my feelings rather than dealing with them by talking about them. If there is help around you please take it x

Hi fee
I know I need to talk to the right person I feel at the moment that I am talking to a hostile brick wall especially at work where I really had to go on the defensive and take no crap from a local management fed H/r person I am still not a happy bunny after a week on holiday has passed I do not know what is going to happen when I go back on Monday but I am keeping notes.

Last edited:
I feel for you. Your list of medical issues seems to be increasing all of the time and you must get exhausted dealing with it all.

It absolutely needs to be the right person. Work sounds very difficult :(

Weigh in time again and a 5-1/2lb loss week this illness is doing my head in until I get the kidney stone sorted I going to have to live with weight fluctuation. I finally had some positive progress at work after I spoke to my employee ombudsman she has taken up my case with national HR after my concerns with local Management . unbeknown to me it has already been noted and I am to be given the help, assistance and counselling that I should of had in first place. there is more but I cannot divulge at this time just to say it's all for the good.

Morning Paul ..
Huge congrats on the weight loss ! Well done .. Pleased to hear that work are taking you seriously ..
Xxxx

That's really great to read :)

Well on weigh-in it's Systems abnormal 1-1/2lb on this week. I was called by the surgery this afternoon and was told that there is going to be a 14-15 week waiting time to see a urologist. Which will make it mid December before i i will get an appointment .so it will be another 10 weeks of up and down weigh-in's.
I also had bad news by letter today that basically said my weight loss surgery has been put on hold until the ulcer on the leg has healed.But I can carry on where i was and not have go through 12 week prediet again. but because of this it could be 2 different ops close together as the knee replacement will also take place as soon as the ulcer has healed i have that in writing in my hospital notes by the consultant, so now it is a waiting game and not the Christmas present i was expecting.

Last edited:
Oh Paul, I am sorry this continues to be such a challenging time for you x

Back