• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

josietaunton

Hi nic, I'm Josie lol,

I had to lose 10 per cent which was stone half, but I lost almost 2 , then this last week being on the pre op diet I've lost 10 lb in one week, so yes almost 3 stone,

Where are you, I'm in Taunton Somerset .

So which op do you want to go for ?

Hope it all goes to plan for you and wishing you luck,

I have started keeping a tumblr blog called Josie wight loss,

I thought it would be a good way of keeping my noughts and feelings down and something to look back on.

Are you self funding or nhs ?

Not sure if all counties have the same process you go through, but I was first seen in bariatric team in oct 2011' so feels a long time ,

Hope long have you been, waiting

Jose

Hi again :) I live in Oxford. As far as I can make out all PCTs/counties have their own criteria and they differ vastly. I've been overweight for most of my life and my GP is not pro-surgery so getting him to agree to refer me has been a major challenge in itself and I have had to jump through many a hoop over the years. What is your BMI and do you have co-morbidities that make funding approval instant? I have a co-morbidity but one that is not recognised within my PCT so I have had to battle to get funding and I am currently at the assessment stage. I still don't know whether or not I will get funding as once the bariatric multi disciplinary team finish their assessments of me and they apply to the PCT for my funding the PCT can still say no apparently! I would like a sleeve if I can get it. I think the bariatric multi disciplinary team are meeting shortly to discuss me and my various results (bloods, ECG, psychological report etc). So they have to agree on my suitability for surgery first. The journey seems like a very long one but I'm still hopeful. I first asked about bariatric surgery last April but prior to that I have been referred to weight watchers, given orlistat and reductil, referred for CBT, referred to a hospital dietician and have more recently had to go through a weight loss management course. They certainly don't make it easy for you/us!

What's your journey been like - or shall I check out Tumblr?! That's a new site for me - I have no idea how it works. I think it's an excellent idea to keep a record and I would like to do it myself.

Anyway, in terms of waiting, it feels like forever, but I first asked my GP in June 2010 at which point I was literally laughed out of the surgery! I have periodically asked since then and each time given a new hoop to jump through. I have jumped through them all nearly now... (she says hopefully!) Nic x

Hi ya nic

Thanks for your reply

My starting bmi was 42 but I'm pre diabetic I have high cholesterol I have an under active thyroid and I have a condition called Nigerian acantosis which is a discolouring if skin due to glucose intolerance and I Also have gerd reflux ?

Think my bmi is bout 39 now !

I have been over weight since my girls were born so bout 18 yrs , tried everything diets etc and orilistat, but got gall stones and had to have them removed ?

My dr referred me straight away thou that was about sept 2011 .

I decided to keep a diary as I didn't really know about this forum and I wanted somewhere to put my feelings and somewhere where I could see how far I've come and I find it a great motivation .

My family are very supportive , how bout yours ?

I think a lot of people see wls as an easy option and I wish I could chagr attitudes bout that x I did consider the sleeve but my husband who has attended every appointment with me was not keen for lots of reasons do we decided together on the band .

Really hope you get what you want and surgery is set , as its s great relieve in one sense , well it was for me as I had felt so miserable .

And keep a blog it really does help xx

Back