• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Different positions

Nuxley

Ooo er mrs...not those types of positions, this is a family friendly forum! lol No I mean sleeping positions, I hate sleeping on my back and was just wondering how long it was before anyone could sleep on their side again? Every time I try I get a sharp muscular pain on my left hand side which reduces me to tears, not an attractive sight for my hubby but I so want a cuddle and just can't get comfortable. :eek:(

Nuxley said:
Ooo er mrs...not those types of positions, this is a family friendly forum! lol No I mean sleeping positions, I hate sleeping on my back and was just wondering how long it was before anyone could sleep on their side again? Every time I try I get a sharp muscular pain on my left hand side which reduces me to tears, not an attractive sight for my hubby but I so want a cuddle and just can't get comfortable. :eek:(

I was told to put a cushion under the side of my stomach so it didn't collapse and pull basically lol. After a few days I didn't need it anymore. But it does help :)

I think I was ok on my side and stomach about 5-7 days after my op for what I can remember

I think it was about 10 days before I could try sleeping on my side,otherwise I just had to fall alsleep practically sleeping upwards with cushions all around me.
It was great the first night I could manage a NEW position..lol

I was on my side the 2nd night home. So was 4 or 5 days post op. but couldn't have done it without the pillow. They were the days I felt like a bus had ran me over lol

I wedged a pillow under one side of my back so I was not flat on my back but not quiet on my side. I also slept with a pillow under my tummy to hold it up and to stop it pulling to one side this also acted as a barrier between me and hubby in case he rolled over and caught my tummy in the night.
I used this for my bypass and also last month after my tummy tuck

Took me about 10 days as well. Until then I had a b shaped wedge behind my head and a couple under my knees as I get terrible back pain sleeping on my back

I haven't had my weight loss op yet but I had wrist surgery last month and didn't want to risk rolling over in my sleep or my hubby rolling onto me. I hate sleeping flat on my back so I propped myself up on loads of pillows on the sofa and slept like a baby.

I didn't really want to go back to sleeping with my snoring and bed hogging hubby but couldn't get away with it once my stitches came out - looking forward to a couple weeks on the sofa post wls x

The title did indeed make me think 'oo-er missus!'

I haven't thought about it as I'm pre-op but I have a body pillow so I'll have to dig that out for when I get home. I sleep rubbish anyway so I'm in for some even worse nights.

I could lie on my right side on day 3 but the let side took another 2 days.. One of the wounds on this side was larger and more tender. But I am fine with either side now.
But Fuffs is right, so much easier with the help of a pillow. Just dont force anything - your body will tell you when enough is enough xxx

Back