• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Disappearing for a while

sometimes best way to be sweets!..........

did you have a good night?...xx

very well said dotty :D xx

Karen I would like you to come back ... I miss seeing your posts and you have been an inspiration during my journey. I only had my op this week and I was really looking forward to being able to ask you if I got stuck with something. xxx Please reconsider

I agree and I don't think anyone would deliberately hurt anyone's feelings intentionally... we all have our daily trials... but at least we have each other and I'm so glad of that... love you all and long may we share the love, good advice and support of the forum xxx

Hi Karen I was busy card making yesterday so sorry I missed this. Please don't stay away too long. I had a little break a while ago and it helped, but I missed everyone so much. I hope nothing I've said has upset you: that would never be my intention. Sending loving hugs your way,
Grace xxxx

Reactions: Bev
I have no idea who or what has upset you Karen but please don't go. Yours are one of the first posts I look for and we all would miss you terribly. This site will just not be the same wthout you.

Don't let whoever has caused you this upset win by staying away. Your input is so valuable to so many of us. If you need to have a short break but please stay close.

Pherhaps this site would benefit from a person blocker like facebook?

Take care of yourself Karen.

Linski xxx

Jacqui you have said it very well, i too have never set out to hurt/judge or upset anyone on here and i'm lucky in that i will say what i mean but i'm usually very diplomatic about it after all its my job to be like that. I have seen comments and posts causing distress and anger in a previous life on this site and its not nice at all as i had/ still have friends on both sides of the "divide" so to speak and it was personally difficult for me at the time. Karen please don't go, hopefully you are "lurking" whoever has upset you try and sort it with them if not speak to one of the mods they are here to help you. Life is too short and we are judged enough by people who are ignorant of obseity and the lovely people who live with it without turning on each other! Of course its alright to disagree and argue but please keep it professional and don't make it personal! aren i hope you get whatever it is sorted out and J-Mo get posting again hun we need to stick together xx big hugs to everyone x

I'm with all of the above... Take a step back if you are disillusioned, just don't remember you have people here who are thankful for the input you give them and the virtual support that comes from you xx

I totally agree with what everyone has said so far Karen....you are an important contibutor to the forum and many people will be sorry not to see you around.

I don't think anyone intentionally sets out to hurt, offend or even judge anyone in their replies, but I think the problem can be sometimes is that we may pose a reply based only on the information of that thread, hence we may be missing important information that may have been missed elsewhere. Also, it can be very easy to write a response quickly, but when looked back on, in hindsight, it may have come across in a different manner.

Generally speaking, I think everyone tries to be as supportive as possible to each other, particularly as this is one of the fews places where people in our situation can go without being judged.

That said, yes, there have been times when I have been irritated by things on here, and I have done as you are now choosing to, which is take a step back and a bit of a break.

Hoping personally that I haven't said anything that has caused you hurt or offence, and hoping you aren't away too long xxx

I'm fairly new here and ive already been upset by what someone said. (more or less telling me what I feel)

Some people are just so blunt and in their head its either im gonna say what i wanna and you can shut up' attitude

that is the kind of one i hate its my pet hate.

Ive been on many forums before and i've just learned that if there is a ignore button use it

but i think that if you are the hurt one you shouldnt have to leave because the person who hurt you should be the one leaving their in the wrong and not you.

all this assuming that is what has happened!

I have to say I get disillusioned with this site sometimes.

I read lots of posts but chose whether or not to pass comment.

I quite often find some of the replies unhelpful and I can understand how easy it would be to take offence from some of them.

Hope you will feel able to come back - your input is useful - as is everybodys experience.

We are all entitled to our opinions - but we have to be adult to know when to express them amd when to be quiet.

I usually choose quiet!!

Sending you hugs

xxxx

Hopefully you've read all the replies and see how much people want you on the forum.
Maybe a bit of time away will let you clear your head and feel better about whatever has been going on.
Meanwhile, take care.

I know it puts you off when you read something you don't agree with but you just have to step back from these posts. I myself have apparently upset someone with a reply I wrote and it was never my intention. I now will never comment on that persons posts so as not to upset them again. We come on here for help and support and we can't always get it right can we. We do our best but some peeps don't like honesty. You have always been honest and compassionate with your replies so please don't stay away. I will miss your posts as will many others xxxx

I don't think i can add anymore as it has all been said....but you will be missed xxxxxx come back soon xxxxxx

I've never been a fan of grand exits stage left as they always seem designed to garner the kind of responses that are evident here. That said Karen it appears that your friends here really want you to stay around so although I have no idea what caused you to post this "I'm leaving" thread I'd like to pitch in with the rest and ask you to stay

When you consider the vast array of personalities that frequent Internet forums, especially one as emotionally charged as one populated by fat food addicts who have had their main source of comfort ripped away from them :D its no surprise that things will be posted that we don't like or agree with all the time

It is so much harder to express yourself with just the written word and that can lead to people coming across as harsh or uncaring when really the opposite is true.

So again Karen please stay around, I hope enough people have asked you to stay now for you to get over whatever upset you and get your arse back here xxx ;)

i hope to see you back soon hun x missing you x

Back