• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Discomfort

Clarered

Anybody can u help I'm have pain all the time in my stomach and under my breastbone I've spoke to nurse she said it sound like I'm too tight so went and had a little out my band but still in pain could this be something serious . It's a strange feeling like a burning tightning sensation also goes into my back

I wouldn't wait - see your GP. Don't put everything down to the band, at least he can give you the all-clear for anything else and then you can be sure it's probably the band.

Get checked out asap. xx

GP is a good idea, but also call your team again. How long ago was the defill, should it have settled by now?

Maybe it's a bit inflamed? I'd call your team again, they might advise you to go back on liquids for a while to let it settle.

What you describe sounds like what chummy had, but she doesn't post anymore (she was fine after a while).

It's a week since defill it now seems a little easier but my stomach feels tender and get like a real tight feeling I think I'm stressing myself out panicking about it . My port is also uncomfortable

im having a similar thing nurse also said mine could be too tight. I'm getting discomfort in the upper left hand side of my chest though x

It's worth contacting the nurse they are very good and never mind you calling
I had a pain and contacted them my band had slipped they deflated it for six weeks then filled it again but it the eroded into my stomach wall but that is very rare
Good luck

Well phoned hospital group up several times they all say different one said have fluid taken out next one said I'm eating to fast and the other said trapped wind I'm still on a strange pain it feels like they is something tightening around me and pulling just under my breast bone , also pain in my sides and back . Port area very tender as well it's uncomfortable to lie on but they say I don't need to pay and have an x ray done I don't know what to do next

Anyone have any ideas I'm shitting myself thinking worse I'm going to die and lot in my head wish it would go away . Booked to go and some more fluid out on Wednesday might just tell them to take it all out fed up of this discomfort

I would ask some questions when you go for your defill. Are you using the 20 20 20 rule? Are u exercising portion control? Has the doctor put you on anything like lanzoprazole?

I'd get the X-ray done, I've planned in my head that should anything like this happen I instantly want the X-ray, that's whenever paid £5k for. Then depending in what shows on the X-ray I'd be at my GP surgery getting everything else ruled out. I wouldn't take everyone just saying the band all the time, serious conditions could be over looked simply because "we had private bands" .... Please go have the X-ray and go to your GP babe.... Xxx

Thanks everyone and I've had my gall bladder out so I no it's not that I'm at clinic Wednesday and doctors Thursday and then fly to Egypt Saturday so hope it settles soon x

Oh I hope it settled for you clarered, ESP before eygpt. Let us know how you get on xx

Well been to the clinic today had 1 ml taken out they still don't think I've got anything wrong with my band and she easily got to my port no probs so doctors tomorrow see what he says x

So they say it's not the band? Did they look at it all under X-ray then? ( I'm so paranoid if the nurses damage the port - I think it's coz I know I can't afford to repair it if they balls it up )...

Are u in pain? How u feeling?? Xx

Back