• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Booked in for Banding on 6th June OMG!

Mandie37

Hi all

I have been told i am acceptable for a band. My BMI is 34.8 and have a date of 6th June for the surgery.

Just wanted to know a few things that have been running through my mind and wondered if anybody could help.

Firstly, After you have healed from the surgery can you feel the port underneath you skin at all times?

I am having a 12ml band fitted and wont have a fill until after approx 4 weeks. How painful are the fills and how long do they take and will i lose weight before the fill or is there no restriction until then?

I am so scared now i have my date but know this is what i want to do to feel happier.

Would love to know how people felt the day after there surgery and if they actually regret having it done once the restriction starts. Also how long is the pre op diet and what does it usually consist of?

Sorry to go on but my mind is in overdrive with excitement, fear, apprehension etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mandie

woohoo congrats mandie, good luck :) xxx

Hiya,I had my band fitted on saturday gone (5th may) I don't regret it at all,I've lost 7lbs since then..I haven't healed yet so can't help with the port bit as my dressings are still on,I can feel restriction but have nothing in my band atm.you'll be on a liquid only diet for a few weeks afterwards while your tummy heals..good luck with ur op xx also I was lucky so didn't have to do a pre op diet

Hi Mandie

Yes you can feel your port under your skin. It doesn't hurt and just a little lump. With regards to the fills they don't hurt and will be over within 2 minutes.

You will lose weight if you are careful and stick to you diet plan given to you. I have found after 5 months in that if I don't exercise then I will lose much less.

My pre-op milk diet lasted one week and I lost 6 lbs but some people lose more or less and its about liver shrinking not weightloss.

I didn't feel restriction until my 3rd fill which I had two week ago and now I can only eat very few carbs as they become stuck very easily.

Hope that all helps

Amy

Hi all

I have been told i am acceptable for a band. My BMI is 34.8 and have a date of 6th June for the surgery.

Congrats! not long now :D

Just wanted to know a few things that have been running through my mind and wondered if anybody could help.

Firstly, After you have healed from the surgery can you feel the port underneath you skin at all times?

I know where my port is and yes I am aware of it now but wasnt really immediatly post op, other than it was near my biggest wound.

I am having a 12ml band fitted and wont have a fill until after approx 4 weeks. How painful are the fills and how long do they take and will i lose weight before the fill or is there no restriction until then?

I didnt have a fill until 5 months post op, I have a 9 mil band.

I have always had direct (or blind) fills ie no xray. Its just an injection into the port - sharp scratch and then done.

You will have 'restriction' as you will have a band around the upper part of your stomach.

More than likely you wont be on the same post op regime as me if you are having a fill after 4 weeks. Mine was liquids for 2 weeks, then mushy, then normal food. I didnt 'need' a fill until 5 months out as reducing the volume and eliminating pasta and rice was enough to make me lose a fair bit of weight.

We are all different, this is your journey :D

I am so scared now i have my date but know this is what i want to do to feel happier.

Would love to know how people felt the day after there surgery and if they actually regret having it done once the restriction starts. Also how long is the pre op diet and what does it usually consist of?

Its normal to be nervous, I dont regret having the op at all!

The day after the op I was groggy but well :D

Sorry to go on but my mind is in overdrive with excitement, fear, apprehension etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mandie

Ask away Mandie xx

Awww thankyou so much all of you. I am a little scared of telling people but dont want to lie either. Some people may judge me i know but they also know how hard i have tried only to put it back on after suffering the likes of cambridge and lighter life.

I am so grateful to youall for your replies and cant believe i have found this amazing forum because it will make things so much easier being able to talk about it and allay my fears.

How long ago did you all have the surgery and how have you found the weightloss?

Thanks again :)

Mandie

Hi mandie I'm 2 weeks post op , I'm back at work and eating now ,I can't feel my port but to be honest I haven't pocked around too much :) at THG we don't have our first fill under X-ray I haven't had a fill yet but from all on here they have told me its just a scratch, don't be in a hurry too get zooming around after as when u first have it done u may think this is a breeze and while it isn't to bad I found days 2 and 3 quite difficult , I don't regret mine for one min best thing I've ever done hope this helps Kerry xxxx

Back