• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Week 3 - Weight loss stalled

Wanttobeslim

Starting the journey...
Having a mini flap at the moment :sigh: On first mushy week and weight loss has stalled.. Haven't lost anything since I last weighed last Saturday. I know that I need to look at the overall picture and I have lost 2 stone since starting pre op diet on 28th October :):) but slightly worried that not even 0.5lb off in 6 days. Am sticking religiously to the recommended portions - Has anyone else experienced this on the first week on mushy stuff - I'm trying to convince myself that as my body has been starved of food, that its clinging on to what little its getting now for dear life!!

Last edited:
simple answer...Yes you have reintroduced food so you may even see a little gain..I did 2 pounds but it soon sorts itself out :)

Don't Panic :)

Thanks Val - just needed to know it was normal!! I expected to stall at some stage but not this early. It makes sense though that it is when food is introduced! You are doing well - over 3 stone !! How are you feeling?

Stalls are incredibly normal throughout different stages, but at this point, moving from mushies and from liquids, stalls but gains are too. :) Well done on your loss so far :)

Thanks Val - just needed to know it was normal!! I expected to stall at some stage but not this early. It makes sense though that it is when food is introduced! You are doing well - over 3 stone !! How are you feeling?

Apart from a cold :/
Im feeling great my weight loss has slowed but I go for a fill on Wednesday next week

I do not regret my band for one moment...Im looking forward to a healthy new me :)
Good Luck xxxxx

I am on Week 4, last week I only lost 1lb and this week I stayed the same. The Americans on Facebook call it "the 3 and 4 week stall". Disheartening tho it is, try not to worry too much about it. Here's hoping I lose a good amount this week and you do too!! xxx

I'm so glad to hear that it's common as I was starting to wonder if I had done the right thing!
Hope we both have good losses next week MazRob!

it's hard when we have gone through surgery to then not lose, stall or even gain. But it is part of the journey and it's important to try to look at the wider picture.

I weigh in and record my losses once a week but it enables me to look back and see a pattern emerge. For instance the week with the 14th in the month I only normally have a 1lb loss. Some months I may have weeks where I lose 1lb but then a week where I lost 4lb, averaged out the months are pretty even (apart from my holiday month in august and October due to over restriction but it's then possible to know exactly why a certain month was different. It can help looking at a much wider picture, but also hold on to the though that 1-2lb is the average weekly loss too and that weight can vary in a day quite considerably. I put on an average of 3-4lb from morning until night, so less regularly weighing, but doing it once a week,same scales, same clothes also enables you to get a bigger picture.

With the band we don't tend to get the huge losses that bypassers or sleevers get and it can be hard too not to compare ourselves to or against others.

Hang in there, I gain normally after mashies and liquids or completely stall but when I get onto normal food and make good choices this is when the losses happen, despite still trying to find restriction 15 months out :)

it is completely common and looking back at my weight loss week 3 i actually gained a pound. The following week i lost 2lbs. try not to worry about it. Just keep sticking to your recommended plan x x

Back