• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ditzeeblonde's food diary!

ditzeeblonde

Hi Guys... wondered if someone could glance their eyes over this for me & let me know what you think pls... I'm 4 days post op.

Today I've had:

B: protein mousse (made with protein powder, 2 tbs marvel & one egg plus 115ml water then divided into 4)
S: protein vial
L: cream of chicken soup with some grated cheese melted in.
D: lentil & bacon soup with melted grated cheese
S: protein mousse or a protein hot chocolate...

How does that sound? Feel like I'm eating too much but it works out as around 507 cals, 12g carbs, 76g protein & I'll have hopefully drunk 2.5-3 litres of fluids by the end of today. x

I'd say that looks absolutely brilliant Linzi. What regime does your team recommend - ie how long on fluids, then sloppies then solids?

The only thing I would say is dont focus on calories at this early stage, make sure you are getting fluids first and protein second. The rest will take care of itself.

That looks like a brilliant menu Linzi... great to follow how you are doing... sending huge hug, loads of love and thoughts to help your recovery... be sure to rest and relax... always here for you... xxx

Sounds good, where do you get the protein Vials from?? and are they sweet, I am truely struggling to get enough protein in and I am 18 months out, but I dump on all supplements........

I'd say that looks absolutely brilliant Linzi. What regime does your team recommend - ie how long on fluids, then sloppies then solids?

The only thing I would say is dont focus on calories at this early stage, make sure you are getting fluids first and protein second. The rest will take care of itself.

Thanks Sam... I'm on puree's for a month then move onto mashed. Think I over did it yesterday as I didn't have anything after 3pm & my tummy felt uncomfortable last night. Concentrating on my fluids today & some warm soups with cheese when I fancy it plus getting that protein vial in at some point. xx

That looks like a brilliant menu Linzi... great to follow how you are doing... sending huge hug, loads of love and thoughts to help your recovery... be sure to rest and relax... always here for you... xxx

Thanks Bev.... lovely as aways. xx

Linzi were you told you could have "cream of" soups? We were told specifically we cannot.

Wasn't told anything about 'cream' of soups just made sure it wasn't more than 5g of fat per 100g. x

Sounds good, where do you get the protein Vials from?? and are they sweet, I am truely struggling to get enough protein in and I am 18 months out, but I dump on all supplements........

They are sweet but contain no sugars, they are quite good watered down in yr daily water intake if they're too much in one go

I'm using these at the mo IDS, New Whey Liquid Protein, Protein Ready to Drink, Protein Blend at Discount Supplements

& have these for when I'm managing to eat more protein NSC, Pro Shot, Protein Ready to Drink at Discount Supplements

Eaten much less today

B: 2tbs yogurt
L: 2tbs 3 bean soup (pureed) with 15g melted cheese
S: 2tbs yogurt
D: 2tbs pureed chicken tikka (been in the slow cooker all day)

Will hopefully hit 2 litres of water today but its been a struggle!

Feel very wobbly today guess its the lack of fuel. x

Hia Linzi. The diet looks fine today. Honey you feel wobbly because you've had major surgery and your insides have been re-plumbed! Please take it easy. Sending loads of love. xxx

Good day today... both in how I feel & how I'm coping I think. Spoke with a bariatric nurse today who rang to see how I was doing & she said my foods sound good.

Today...

B: 1/2 protein vial
L: 2tbs lentil & bacon soup, 20g melted cheese
S: 1/2 protein vial
D: 2tbs cauliflower cheese
S: hot chocolate protein drink (possibly see how full I feel)

Will hit 2.5-3 litres of water by the end of the day today... its amazing how much more I can fit in by starting to sip it hot! I have a pint mug that takes me approx an hour to drink it, much easier to fit in & helps with the coldness! xx

Just a quick question but why do you have to drink so much water post op? I struggle with two litres pre op so with a tiny tum how on earth do we manage it. Is there a reason or is it purely to prevent dehydration? Thanks

I have always drunk loads.. pre-op I was a 5 litres a day girl so my body is finding it hard after my op to cope with half that!

Yes alot is to do with dehydration, its amazing how much liquid we consume from foods day to day & of course after op we are not getting any really & its very important for us not to get dehydrated.

Water also helps with the elasticity of our skin & I want to do as much as I can to help with the 'saggy' skin issue too. xx

HTH. xx

Hi Linzi, you seem to be getting into things so well and I'm always learning from you... thinking of you and sending love and hugs as always xxx

Forgot to update yesterday

B: protein vile vial!
L: 3 bean soup, grated cheese
S: SF jelly
D: cauliflower cheese

2.5 litres of water.

Mum came home with the biggest cauliflower I have ever seen in my life... I have 48 portions of cauli cheese in my freezer thats 2 a day til I start mashed!

LOL at your cauliflower! You may get fed up with it Linzi? I tried some of my carrot and coriander soup yesterday and nearly threw up! I ate so much of it in my first few weeks's post-op.

Are your protein vials really vile? I was looking at the protein puddings yesterday, how are they?

Your diet looks excellent. And your water intake too! You are doing AMAZING girl!

I think I won't eat it that often, thought I could add some into fish pie or mashed potato when I hit the next stage??

I actually tipped my protein vial into a pint of water & it was easier to stomach... its a thick syrupy liquid & just awfully sweet (no sugars tho!) was much better watered down this morning... just keep thinking of it as medicine & if I have it first thing in the morning then it done & dusted!

I have a permanent pint cup of hot water on the go & sip sip sip... I find it goes down so much easier hotter, there have been a few times my tummy has told me I've had too much & I do worry if I can stretch my pouch by drinking too much?

So day 8 today!

B: protein vile vial in a pint of water which made it easier
L: 3 bean soup & grated cheese (can you see a theme here)
S: sugar free jelly
D: cauliflower cheese

2.5 litres by the end of the day!

Day 10

B: protein shake
L: red pepper & lentil soup, grated cheese
S: cauliflower cheese
D: cottage pie

Possibly have a protein hot chocolate see how I'm doing later.

3 litres of fluids if I have the hot chocolate.

Feel like I've got into my swing of things with this stage, am going to ring the dietician tomorrow as I want to know if I have to stick to 2 tbs of puree or if I start upping it until I feel restriction?

Read thru all my info today & in what part it says purees for 1-2 weeks then onto mash & another bit says first 4 weeks puree then onto mash!

Confused.com!

Ok... so I've not been eating enough! I've been sticking to the 2 tbs that we were having in hosp & I should be on 4-5 tbs or 1/2-3/4 of a ramekin dish!!

Did this yesterday & I slept better & felt more with it!!

Yesterdays meals were

B: pint of protein shake
L: cottage pie with a tsp of low carb ketchup
D: cauliflower cheese with extra cheese
S: chocolate protein pudding!

Nearly 3 litres of fluids yesterday too...

So day 12 begins today & I've had a lovely pint of hot lemon & ginger tea & am about to embark on my pint of protein shake!

Sounding brilliant Linzi... a great weightloss so far. I bet you feel tons better love xxx

Back