• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ditzeeblonde's food diary!

Doing well Linzi.

I bought the protein powdered drink but I can't stomach it so give it to our eldest (he's body building :rolleyes:).

But I am really struggling to eat enough. I added my food to my myfitnesspal account for a few days to see what was going into me and basically not a lot. I'm averaging around 430 cals a day :eek:

I need to drink more milky coffee I think. But then when you have to leave the time between eating and drinking - OMG where do all the hours in the day go? LOL.

I'm on my fitness pal too Karen... ditzeeblonde on there if you add me you can see my food diary.

I'm only getting about 450 cals too & thats it upped was on 200-300 before. x

Thats why I'm added grated cheese to everything... 20g of grated cheese adds 82 cals & 5g of protein & melts so no need for puree'ing!

This is the site Avidlite sugar free savoury sauces but beware this site has a habit of making me spend all my money! Haven't had a bad thing from it yet & I've been using it all year! x

So had a morning of cooking today, lots of tempting purees for me!

Fish & brocolli pie, smoked haddock & mixed veggies in a cheese sauce plus chicken hotpot all pureed down & currently freezing in my silicone muffin mold!

Still concerned about my portion sizes/volume of what I'm able to eat... this is day 3 of trying to speak to a dietician & waiting for them to ring back.

At 2 weeks out I can manage (without feeling restriction) 1/2 ramekin of puree'd foods & a full ramekin of soup. I'm also not having difficulties in drinking, a pint takes me roughly 45-60 mins to drink.

How does this sound to you guys??

Thanks. x

Day 13

B: pot of natural yogurt 125g
L: ramekin of Thai green chicken soup
S: protein shake
D: creamy fish pie & brocolli with added cheese
S: protein pudding

3 litres of fluids today.

Had a good chat with the dietician & she thinks I'm doing good she says everyones volumes & intakes are different at different stages & that I won't be able to feel much restriction until I'm on thicker textures & that I can't stretch my pouch until on more solids as I was concerned about that.

So I'm feeling good that I'm on the right track... have managed to get my cals up to about 550 now & 70g of protein which I think is also making me feel much better in myself too.x

Tender little pouch today so have been gentle on it today

B: protein shake
L: chicken & sweetcorn soup
D: salmon crumble

3 litres of fluids

We dug up our beetroot today so am going to roast it tomorrow & then puree it with some feta or goats cheese... saw it on Australian masterchef yesterday & fancied trying it! So thats my plan tomorrow. x

You are really doing great! I will be looking back on your food diary in a few days for some tips....keep up the good work hun X

Morning all.

Todays planned food is

B: protein pudding
L: roasted beetroot & feta puree
D: lentil & chicken dhansak (which I am so looking forward too!)

1 litre of water down already so should manage 3 litres today. x

Linzi I am so impressed how you plan what you are going to eat. I went out yesterday and bought a few of the covent garden fresh soups and they are brilliant put through the blender then with cheese added (your tip I pinched!). I cant stand protein shakes or vials (too many times on lighter life and cambridge diet!) so I am just adding extra marvel to ANY milk that I drink, made into coffee, lovely hot chocolate with cocoa powder (which is protein in itself) and crusha nas milkshakes or smoothies. I think I am probably getting more calories than you and I am only five days post op! Will have to watch it that I dont get too carried away. By the way mashed up banana with a bit of sweetner powder to make it really mushy is a great way of giving yourself extra energy and its yummy! Find it easier (and nicer) than weetabix for breakfast and it slithers down easier which makes continuing to drink easier for me.

Our consultant (Mr. Somers) has you on sloppy stuff rather than liquids fairly soon after so at least I have been able to be a little more imaginative.

I love ketchup and sauces - can we not get nas/low carb ones from the supermarket (this is something I had not even thought about). Can see an urge to buy on that link coming on . . . !!

oh and an added bit . . isnt it Guy Slater that works with Shaw Somers quite a lot? That makes it even more wierd that the post op diet varies on the liquids/purees/real food transition times.

Brilliant Linzi and keep moving forward...

Love and hugs always xxx

Linzi I am so impressed how you plan what you are going to eat. I went out yesterday and bought a few of the covent garden fresh soups and they are brilliant put through the blender then with cheese added (your tip I pinched!). I cant stand protein shakes or vials (too many times on lighter life and cambridge diet!) so I am just adding extra marvel to ANY milk that I drink, made into coffee, lovely hot chocolate with cocoa powder (which is protein in itself) and crusha nas milkshakes or smoothies. I think I am probably getting more calories than you and I am only five days post op! Will have to watch it that I dont get too carried away. By the way mashed up banana with a bit of sweetner powder to make it really mushy is a great way of giving yourself extra energy and its yummy! Find it easier (and nicer) than weetabix for breakfast and it slithers down easier which makes continuing to drink easier for me.

Your doing really well & tbh I was on much higher calories in my first 2 weeks than I am now. Mind you I have days where I feel like I'm eating constantly & then other days where I'm struggling to eat! When I plug in my really hungry days its still only about 600-700 cals which is nuts!!!

Our consultant (Mr. Somers) has you on sloppy stuff rather than liquids fairly soon after so at least I have been able to be a little more imaginative.

I had 2 days on just water, after my op thurs, all day fri & then til lunch on Sat... Saturday lunch I had a bowl of soup then I was onto the bariatric diet & my first taste was creamed potatoes.. I certainly didn't expect to be eating that so soon, I still have to watch fruits tho as it spikes my blood sugars!!

I love ketchup and sauces - can we not get nas/low carb ones from the supermarket (this is something I had not even thought about). Can see an urge to buy on that link coming on . . . !!

I think Heinz have a low carb one but I have never found it, it is such a shame that we can't get hold of more low carb stuff in the supermarkets! I use avidlite alot & usually stock up on things every 2-3 months, their shakes are so not like cambridge ones & you can make them into puddings & mousses too but I understand how you can be sick of them!

oh and an added bit . . isnt it Guy Slater that works with Shaw Somers quite a lot? That makes it even more wierd that the post op diet varies on the liquids/purees/real food transition times.

Yes Guy & Shaw were the Fat Doctors.. infact a girl I was in with had a revison surgery where they worked together on her, I managed to get to see the gorgeous Shaw Somers on the Saturday!

What is yr transition time?

Mine recommends weeks 1-4 puree, weeks 4-8 mashed, weeks 8+ normal consistency... although when I spoke to the dietician she said alot of people move on quicker especially if they're active & start feeling hungry. TBH alot of my evening meals are more thicker puree/mash consistancy now.

Brilliant Linzi and keep moving forward...

Love and hugs always xxx

Thanks gawjuss. x

Back