• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried I'm eating too much...

mandym1

Its nearly 12 weeks since my bypass and I'm able to eat a lot more than I expected. I'm trying to keep snacks to a minimum and not eating anything bad but my portion sizes are so much bigger than I expected to be able to manage... They are still not as big as they used to be but I'm scared Ive stretched my pouch already! Is this possible?

My weight loss has stopped completely and I have not been to the gym for 2 weeks due to dizzy spells and my holiday.. I'm going back tomorrow in the hope that it will move things along again. I did drink alcohol on holiday so I know that wont have helped but it was only 1 week and my first holiday in years.. I'm strictly tea total until at least Xmas now.

I'm a terrible worrier so sorry if Im rambling.

Post what you are having for brekfast lunch and tea with snacks at your stage I was having a weetabix with half a banana,babybel,cottage cheese and a ryvita or small sandwich,half a cup a soup,small mash and cod in sauce yoghurt later not all at once!

Im only 15 days post op and i too am worried that i can eat more than an egg cup! Lol.

What you eating hun? X

mandy - im the same, i feel my weightloss is slow - but as long as its coming off!!! im 1lb per week sometimes less! i thought the first 6 months were the most weightloss but i also slowed down from about 10 weeks out (now 15ish weeks out and 53lbs off) - stayed the same this week aswell..... the dietician claims im eating enough and the right amounts and to just stick with it. the consultant said only exercise to do is gentle walking and swimming, nothing too excessive until after 6 months!

Breakfast = 1 weetabix and semi skimmed milk (I am guilty of skipping breakfast which I know is not good so will make sure I have this everyday now)

Lunch = Homemade spaghetti bolognaise/cottage pie/soup or if nothing prepared I will pick up Asdas ready meals for kids called great stuff. They are small portions and healthy.

Tea = Usually similar to lunches as I cook pans full and freeze it in small portions. I have had the odd won ton soup from my local chinese if nothing prepared.

Snacks = Fruit, nuts or dairylea dunkers.

My portion size is aprox 5 or 6 tablespoons.

Is anything standing out as a big no no?

Spaghetti they say can slow you down. Also the Chinese soup has lots of salt that could retain water

down 20lbs

5/6 tbsp does not seem bad at all. Surely as long as you are not eating until u feel v full, you will be fine.

If you've been on your jollies and out of routine your weight loss might kick in now your back home. Chin up x

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

The only negative I can give is that all your meals are 'sloppy'. Wet foods are sliders, which means they pass very quickly from your pouch, allowing you to eat more volume and not keeping you full for as long.

Try swapping a lunch or tea for something like chicken breast with veg or a protein based salad and you'll find the volume you can eat is significantly less. Omelettes are good, and quick to prepare. Also try and aim for protein based snacks such as yoghurt, low fat cheese, meat or nuts. This will help with avoiding muscle wastage and keep your metabolism running high and therefore burning more fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Try a few weeks eating more protien Mandy.ie bacon and egg for breakfast or scrambled egg and cheese.Tinned fish for lunch ie Mackrel in spicy tomato sauce is lovely,almonds mid afternoon and meat and cous cous for tea with fruit later,milky coffee suppertime.

Thanks peeps you have given me something to think about there so I will rearrange my diet this week. Good news though I got up this morning and weighed myself and 3lb has shifted!! Still think I need to eat more protein and less slider foods though so thanks again! xxx

That was a nice bit of good news to keep you focused :)

Well done!!

Back