• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dizzy today :(

candie

fabby not flabby :)
Have felt very dizzy today, at 12 days post op:(Has anyone else felt the same?I have been doing more though, ie packing and unpacking etc, so could it be this? :confused::confused:

I find I get this when I don't drink enough hope this helps x

I agree, not enough to drink and maybe over doing it? Hope ur feeling better soon :)

When you are newly post-op you are not able to get in many calories so you are running your car on fumes. If you try to do very much and don't hydrate (says bad Candie, and shakes finger) you can feel dizzy, confused and ill. Take it easy on yourself, hydrate (I mean right now missy) and remember to eat 6-8 times high protein meals per day.

Nic;)

Right nic you have got me thinking:eek::eek:I've had a protein shake for brekky, some mash n philly light cheese spread for dinner, and carrot n lentil soup for tea:rolleyes:Thought this was enough, as I feel full :eek::eek:
Maybe I haven't had enough drinks though, as I usually drink tons:eek:

Candie, I was instructed to eat small frequent meals for the first 4 weeks since you pouch is swollen and can only fit a small amount. 3 meals per day at your stage may make you feel full but you may be only getting in 300 calories! Try drinking more tomorrow and add a couple of snacks like yogurt etc just to up your calories.

Nic:D

Candie, I was instructed to eat small frequent meals for the first 4 weeks since you pouch is swollen and can only fit a small amount. 3 meals per day at your stage may make you feel full but you may be only getting in 300 calories! Try drinking more tomorrow and add a couple of snacks like yogurt etc just to up your calories.

Nic:D
Thanks nic, how many cals should I be aiming for?:eek:

as i'm pre-op i'm quoting my surgeons literatue, along the lines of what Nic said.....you need to be eating 4-6 times a day, EVEN IF YOU DON'T FEEL HUNGRY, and also keep drinking the fluids, remember your body is not getting as much water from the food intake now

Keep up the fliuds Candie!! You've got some great advice from Nic so behave yourself and do as you're told lolxx

Crikey! I nearly peed my pants! Candie? Behave herself? LOL

Hope you had a good night at home, Sal.

Lx

Candie, I know what paper work you've had from the next to useless dieticians at macclesfield remember ;) so I know that they advise 3 small meals and 3 decent snacks a day at your stage! If you look at the protein intake of your meals yesterday, it wasn't great, so that's an area you can improve on. protein snacks can be yoghurts, bits of cheese like mini babybel or dairylea strippers, milky drinks etc.

Candie try for high protein and lots of fluids, the calories really aren't important yet I just used 300 as an example. You can survive on 300 cals but if they are mostly carb based calories you will burn them too fast and feel faint and tired. Just try to up the protein and concentrate on fluids, you will feel the difference right away!

Nic;)

pmsl at the sarcasm shel:DYou know how informative the dietary advice is from Macc;);):8855:
As for me behaving ,well I am always good, and Lizzie knows it:D:D

Back