• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling rough today

tizzwizz

I'm 10 days post op now & up to today felt good. Today I woke up not feeling too good & as the day has gone has gone on not felt any better. I don't feel sick but feel a bit dizzy & lightheaded I wonder if it's because I'm not having enough liquids at this liquid stage. Anyone else had these feelings?

Lincs Lass

I 'think' I can remember about 10-14 days after my op not feeling 'quite right'.

It felt like a combination of loss of adrenalin (having been pumped with excitement beforehand and the thrill of having been done directly after). That was combined with my body realising that the reduction of calorific intake was not just a temporary glitch while also working on healing after the op.

I just carried on following the post op instructions and made sure rested as much as possible and it passed.

Having said that, if you are still not feeling right and are a bit worried, give your team a call. I'm sure they'd rather than than you worry needlessly xx

Butterfly_lady

I reckon the heat isn't helping you as we all need extra fluids and it's not easy getting the fluids in so soon post op, as above speak to professionals if it continues xx

chrisa

Work on the water and keep your protein goin in good nutritious food even on pureed diet is a must to keep your body going. Fresh fruit n veg pureed and meat, soft cheese etc all helps. The body is in shock and will be struggling to cope with what has happened to it. Keep lyin gdown and resting, but most of all take your water wherever you go amd keep sipping. I found that I liked peppermint tea it can be drunk hot or cold really refreshing and helps take away that awful taste in your mouth.

tizzwizz

I think your right Lincs Lass your on an upper before then after the op a bit of a downer. As with the fluid intake I can bearly finish 75cl of water I'm having soup for lunch & dinner but can only manage about 10 teaspoons then I'm full.