• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

DO i CANCEL OP ????

angelpie

I have been very ill for the last 2 weeks. I have had swine flu and a very bad chest infection.
I am on second course of antibiotics which finish tomorrow.
I am still poorly but getting better every day.
My op is in 10days and I am to start my milk diet on friday.
A lot of people are telling me to postpone my op until I am better and I dont know what to do?.
I dont want to postpone it as i keep thinking I will be over this by then.
I am also worried that if I postpone it I will chicken out.
Do you think I should just wait and see.
I would be gutted if I postpone it then get better.
Any ideas greatfully recieved. lol xx:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The information i had from my hospital was if i had any illness 48hrs before the op i had to ring them, if i was you id leave it a few more days and see how you feel x

I'd agree with Rybens - dont cancel just yet. Theres still time for you to get better, and you may have to wait months for a new date.

Well u no my answer as we just chatted bout it, def dont cancel from just speaking to u 2 days ago u sound so much better, just wait till Wed and see how u feel, hope as each day passes u feel stronger and stronger so come Friday u can take ur well deserved place on the losers bench xxx

they will tell you at the pre op assesment if your fit for theatre xxx

i had the flu just 5 days b4 my op, i know what u have is different than me but when i went in i had a dry cough and was still blowin my nose, the guy who gaves u the thing u go sleep (cant spell it lol) he said i was ok as its sounds like its not on my chest, hope u get better and dont cancel u never know xx

dont cancel you will never forgive yourself we are so lucky to have been given this operation try not to panic and leave it in the hands of the hospital if they think theres a problem they wont operate

Didnt want to read and run hun but i agree with what everyone has said so far, dont do anything hasty yet give yourself a couple more days and see:) Get well soon hun.

Sharon xx

Instead of doing the milk diet could you do the other diet instead as that would give you more nutition and may help to build you up a bit before your op?? Ring up your bariatric team and ask their advice with this part of your pre-op treatment. The other diet will shrink your liver too but you will get more goodness into you to help you feel stronger.

Sending lots of hugs and extra special healing fairy dust to make you feel better xx

Start taking loads of vitamin C ands hot orange, I bet with over a week still to go you'll be just fine.
love
Sandra x

I agree with everyone!! Just wait and see. They wouldn't let you have your op if you weren't fit for it anyway!!!

Get well soon!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just wait and see. also agree with topsy do the low carb diet then you can eat. hugs xxxx

Please don't cancel!!!Wait and see how you are the day before your op;):D

Don't cancel yet if you are really concerned either ring your gp and get their advice or your team at the hospital and see what they say. I think with this second lot of antibiotics that you finish soon things will start to improve and if you take some vitamin tablets you will soon be fighting fit again. Take care so hope you don't need to cancel.

Back