• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A bit of a Dilemma

lotsabeefy

Hi guys wondered if u could advise me.
I have recieved a date for my Gall Bladder out its the 24th January, the problem is.
I start my first RMN placement on the 4th and need to attend a pre op on the 5th in order to have the op, and then be of for 10 days after op
I also have to see my surgeon on the 6th for my first annual review.
I'm babbling so i'll get to the point! I need to make sure i attend my placement i dont want them to think i am a mickey taker, so what do i do.
Do u think i might postpone my operation or is that dangerous? Should i just tell them what i had done and hope they are understanding.
This career is all ive wanted for the last 15 years i really dont want to mess it up!!!
Thanks guys

What symptoms are you getting from the gall stone? does it bother you or is it just a side issue they have discovered through WLS? The answer to this could make a big difference to your decision.
I was off for a lot longer than 10 days when I had my gall bladder out as the wound would not heal (open surgery on waistline) and I could not drive. Did you also know that if you have an op most insurance companies won't cover you until you are at least 6 weeks post op?

If you can then I'd be tempted to postpone the op. That's only my opinion though as I know how much I'd love the chance of a career that I would grab it with both hands & not let anything jeopardise it!

On the other hand I don't know how bad your symptoms are, so you may end up having to take time off anyway if you take ill. OOoooohh!! I don't envy your position as I'm useless at making decisions. Typical piscean ;)

humm..This is a dilemma...
I really want to say ,put your health first Nadine..
Gall bladder pain doesn't seem nice...and I know you have had a few attacks....
I am sure they wont think you are taking the Mickey...

I would however, ring and see if you could move it back a couple of weeks,same with the post op appointment.
At least then you will have found your feet in your placement..
Do you have like a coordinator/tutor/mentor on this course that you can ask there advise.
I am Sure if there is they too would be saying health first(especially the course you attending nadine lol)

truly a difficult one ,let us know how you get on..

What symptoms are you getting from the gall stone? does it bother you or is it just a side issue they have discovered through WLS? The answer to this could make a big difference to your decision.
I was off for a lot longer than 10 days when I had my gall bladder out as the wound would not heal (open surgery on waistline) and I could not drive. Did you also know that if you have an op most insurance companies won't cover you until you are at least 6 weeks post op?

I do get symptoms they have been bad in the past but recently i have only been having an attack bi monthly.....Im having keyhole so healing time will be less xx

If you can then I'd be tempted to postpone the op. That's only my opinion though as I know how much I'd love the chance of a career that I would grab it with both hands & not let anything jeopardise it!

On the other hand I don't know how bad your symptoms are, so you may end up having to take time off anyway if you take ill. OOoooohh!! I don't envy your position as I'm useless at making decisions. Typical piscean ;)

Thanks hun x

humm..This is a dilemma...
I really want to say ,put your health first Nadine..
Gall bladder pain doesn't seem nice...and I know you have had a few attacks....
I am sure they wont think you are taking the Mickey...

I would however, ring and see if you could move it back a couple of weeks,same with the post op appointment.
At least then you will have found your feet in your placement..
Do you have like a coordinator/tutor/mentor on this course that you can ask there advise.
I am Sure if there is they too would be saying health first(especially the course you attending nadine lol)

truly a difficult one ,let us know how you get on..

Great input Lisa Thankyou x

Back