• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass....where should i go to get it done??

21tasha

Hi all.....i am looking to get a gastric bypass done and after doing some searching around the internet i am a bit confused as to which place/dr is best to go with. Obviously the surgery is very important to me and I dont want to cut corners when it comes to cost and risk complications but money is a big issue (i am going private) and wondered if anyone could recommend any clinics abroad (brussels/germany etc) that will do the op cheaper then the prices in England. If anyone has any advice or recommendations on where i can get the surgery done abroad then id be very grateful.
Thanks so much all xxx

thanks so much for the reply Becky...i think im going to go with cosmetic bliss as its a good price and from what i read on their site you get a lot of support :)

thanks Deets.....my main query is as to how long i will need to stay there after the bypass (i have two young children that i dont want to be away from too long)...i will have a look on website but its comforting to no there are others who are familiar with cosmetic bliss and pleased with the service :) xx

Hi Tasha, have you 100% decided on a bypass? Deets had a sleeve, have you researched the sleeve at all. As your BMI is fairly low it could be an alternative to consider - might be cheaper too, from what I understand a quicker recovery too x

i flew over on the Monday, Tuesday i did all the hospital tests, Wednesday i had the op, and i flew home on the Friday.

I dont personally know anyone whos had the bypass with Cosmetic Bliss, but i know alot of banders and sleevers who've all been pleased with the service. Theres even a few on this forum who have had the gastric wrap - a procedure i hadnt heard of before!

They are very supportive and Deborah pretty much stays with you all the time your at hospital. The surgeon is soooo lovely and checks up on you regularly and the nurses are so nice and paitient!

x

I agree with everything that Deets has to say. I had my sleeve done with Cosmetic Bliss and couldn't be happier.

She muddled up the dates alittle though. ;-)

You fly there on Sunday, stay in a hotel. All day Monday at the hospital for tests. Op on Tuesday then fly home on Friday.

I highly recommend Cosmetic Bliss and the sleeve procedure. You aren't so very big and it would be less dramatic in many ways. Have a look in to it.

before you completely make your mind up check out spire in southampton... they are a lot cheaper than other spires ... and have a great rep... and with the exchange rate not that good at the mo its worth contacting them... i know they do all sorts of WLS now... from band to DS to the newer wraps and POSE...x

If you do decide to have your op in the UK, I would 100% recommend Mr Ammori at the Spire in Manchester. I know we all think our surgeon is the best but Mr Ammori is the 'man'!

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Oh, just edited to say it was £9,500 which is slightly cheaper than a lot of places. As Clio says, some Spires are cheaper than others but I'd go for surgeon recommendation before price if you can.

I did all my records, pre-op etc. by phone and mail, had a consult on the Thursday, op on Friday and home on Saturday. So you wouldn't be away from the family for too long.

Biggy.

Last edited:
You don't have to exchange your currency with Cosmetic Bliss. They are an English company. And the Czech Republic has their own currency as they don't have the Euro yet. Any how, by all means check out all possibilities, but you pay Cosmetic Bliss in pounds and apart from your dinner at the hotel the first night every thing is included in their price, including hotel, flights, etc. Hope that helps.

Back