• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I need a fill

sarahk

Hi i was banded a year ago. from op to 3rd fill i only lost about 10lb. From my third fill in january i,ve lost a further 2 stone. Recently i can eat much more (amount and variety) and feel like eating again much quicker. I can still feel some restriction, and will pb if i eat something stupid (bread!), i,m thinking about another small 1/2ml fill. I only used to be able to eat 2 ryvitas with some cream cheese, that has now increased to 3/4 and i,m still hungry about an hour later and have started to snack, snack, snack again. Ive only lost 4 lb in the last 2 months

what do all u more experienced banders think

Talk it over with your dietician but my advice would be to go back to basics, follow all the usual rules and try to stick to 3 meals a day, even if that means they are a little bit bigger to keep you fuller. Protein, veg and limited carbs if you need them, dense textured food (avoid sauces) chewed carefully and eaten slowly.

Grazing is not a good habbit as I'm sure you know and no doubt this will have contributed to you not losing. Its easy to fall back into bad habbits and eating more doesnt necessarily mean you need a fill, it may be that you are pushing the boundaries a bit too much.

Good luck, why not post on the banders daily food thread for some tips or more specific advice x

Hi i was banded a year ago. from op to 3rd fill i only lost about 10lb. From my third fill in january i,ve lost a further 2 stone.

Well done on ur weight loss:D

Recently i can eat much more (amount and variety) and feel like eating again much quicker. I can still feel some restriction, and will pb if i eat something stupid (bread!), i,m thinking about another small 1/2ml fill. I only used to be able to eat 2 ryvitas with some cream cheese, that has now increased to 3/4 and i,m still hungry about an hour later and have started to snack, snack, snack again. Ive only lost 4 lb in the last 2 months

Personally Ryvitas and cream cheeses would go through my band a lot quicker then say if I was to eat a piece of fish or chicken etc and it would also keep you fuller for longer as well. If you look at ur diet and need to change what ur eating and ur still finding the same problem then I would suggest that you contact ur provider & dietician and ask their advice, some times it can be what u r consuming rather then needing a fill but on the other hand you could well be right that u need a little tweak. How are you doing on the fluid side of things as well?? Let us know how u get on?? If you would like to post in the banders daily diet and exercise log and we can all see what is transpiring for you and you never know it may be a step in the right direction.xxx (p.s. the link below for daily exercise and diet log) xx

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders/135442-banders-daily-diet-exercise-log.html

Thanks girls, I think i need to re read the band rules, and stop messing around, i,ve also posted for the first time in the daily diet. I do seem to be eating a lot more than others but also rubbish food. I,m not going to have a fill just will wait til after my hols in september and see how things go

Thanks girls, I think i need to re read the band rules, and stop messing around, i,ve also posted for the first time in the daily diet. I do seem to be eating a lot more than others but also rubbish food. I,m not going to have a fill just will wait til after my hols in september and see how things go

What size is ur band and wot capacity is it filled too???

10 ml band with 6 ml in it

Back