• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you need to have a fill ?

lottie:)

Had my band on the 2/09/12 and had a 10ml band fitted. I did not have anything put in it . I'm due for my first fill on the 30/09/12. My question is I think I have restriction already even though my band is empty! I can only eat 6 tablespoons of food and have to stop as get a pain in my chest. Or should I be eating less than this and need a fill ?

Hope this makes sense x

No, not all. If you dont need one you wont have one. I was very much the same x

Im approaching 4 weeks post op on thursday and didn't have anything put in my band during op, but they don't do first fills until 5-6 weeks post op, Im going to have mine a week tomorrow which will be 5 weeks, but its only now that it is coming down to sheer willpower of not to eat that I know that I need it, but up until this point I've not at all. You're only just over 2 weeks post op and there was no way I could get down 5-6 tablespoons at all, but now 2 weeks further on, I could eat that AND more. It does change quickly, especially when the swelling etc goes down post surgery. You may find by the time it comes around, you will be ready for it.

My provider advised me of the latest cancellation times for my fills so that I can book and leave it until the last minute to cancel :)

I was told the pain in my chest was where I haven't chewed properly and ate to fast
Hope all ok and that this helps
Lisa x

I would imagine that you are still a little swollen after the op. I could hardly eat a thing and was thinking what a doddle it all was then a week or so later I was starving all the time and had to rely on willpower until my first fill and then my second one too. I would see how it goes and keep all appointments. When I had my appointments at Dolan Park they would book a dietician then nurse appointment and would only give me a full if both me and the dietician agreed I should have one.

hi have my band this sat omg but all ready got my oppointment for my 1st fill which is 26/10/12 is this normal . do there tell you what size band your geting ??thanksx

lynette shepherd said:
hi have my band this sat omg but all ready got my oppointment for my 1st fill which is 26/10/12 is this normal . do there tell you what size band your geting ??thanksx

Omg there very on the ball.
I had mind 25/8/12 and only had my app for my fill last week
I got told after my band the flowing day what size and was shown a pic of it lol
Hope this helps and gd luck
Lisa x

Hi Thankyou for that info i feel a bit lost lol be glad when its over and i know what am doing . dont know what to stock up on soup ? x

I had my op on the 13th Sept they put 2ml in a 10ml band - I've then got a PHONE appointment with my dietician on the 25th September and my FIRST FILL is on the 14th October. - I think I will need it as I can't feel any restriction at the moment !

You won't know the band size till after the op, as they won't know what size to use till they see your stomach xxx

It sounds like a good thing your getting told in advance Your fill info means you can plan xx

lynette shepherd said:
Hi Thankyou for that info i feel a bit lost lol be glad when its over and i know what am doing . dont know what to stock up on soup ? x

I made home made soup or cup soups as long as u strain the bits or tom soup I had
I also stocked up on yoguart with no bits and smoothies.
All different flavor as u do get very board :-( but while to lb come off u don't mind
Good luck
Lisa x

Hi ladies, I had my band on 1sept and have my first fill this saturday it was booked the day of the op, I have 14 ml band and only the last week I feel completely recovered from op and eating well but all healthy stuff x

Thank you ladies I think I will give my body a little more time before my fill then and just play it by ear. Good luck with your fill today Jane x

Carre said:
You won't know the band size till after the op, as they won't know what size to use till they see your stomach xxx
xx

Thanks! I've been wondering what the difference is and whether it was just different surgeons like different ones!

hi there
had my band yesterday just got back home since had it done have a stich in my side there say its normal ? any 1 had that got 7 ins band no fill till 26 oct x

lynette shepherd said:
hi there
had my band yesterday just got back home since had it done have a stich in my side there say its normal ? any 1 had that got 7 ins band no fill till 26 oct x

Yes it will pass in a couple of days x

Back