• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do u find certain foods bring on cravings and hunger pangs

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all well yesterday i ate my first hot meal since my op and it was just 2tbs of pasta with 2 tbs of spicy home made bolognese sauce and i notice within a few hrs i could quite easily munched on something else but just had 1/3 of an apple instead. Well today i had the same for my lunch and since then i actually have had cravings and kind of hunger pangs.
I had some hunger pangs bout 4 weeks post op but then realised it was lack of fluids but that is not the case today.
I have eaten more today than normally and i dont like the sensation of wanting to eat although small amounts.

Yesterday i was complaining as i had no appetite at all then had pasta for the first time and omg it made me crave more food, that is def a food i will now stay away from as i dont like this sensation.
Pls bring back the sensation of not wanting to eat anything i much prefer that.

Was just wondering does this happen to u and if so which food triggers it.
At what stage post op did u start to feel a little hunger even occasionally.

Yep, I agree with Mixxy, your body has had a taste of carbs and is now craving more.

Having some carbs is good for you, we need a balanced diet. Also its good that your appetite is returning. I would embrace this feeling Roch, rather than worrying about it. x

You've introduced your body to carbohydrates again. Pasta. Bodies loves carbs, hence why your body has been kick started wanting feeding again. Just try and balance the carbs with the protein shakes you like :)

Hi Mm whats so weird is that the past 2/3 weeks have lived of mostly carbs as my sickness was so bad that was all i could manage and did not make me sick, but had mostly crackers as found white bread cereals made me want to eat more and now i know its the same with pasta so i will def be staying away from those 3 foods now as i dont like that sensation, i much prefer forgetting to eat :D:D:D:D

Just remember Roche, your body is just like your car (and i'm not just saying sleek n shiny :) ) it needs fuel else the engine just won't go!

I regained my appetite fairly quickly post op and like you worried that i was eating too much at times. I do eat carbs but as Mickie says i try and balance it out with the protein not that i'm always successful! I do get cravings sometimes i beat them sometimes i don't but i think now that i'm over 7 months post op i have confidence in controlling my intake. You are still early post op and its all still a learning curve as it was for most of us at that stage! You are doing really well and as Julie says you need to eat to lose so keep up the good work and as time goes on you will gain in confidence xx

Ever since my last stretch and I've started eating properly I've been craving carbs like no business, especially crackers like Krackerwheat and there's some new Jacobs Cream Crackers with wholemeal flour. These both I can eat bare, with nothing on them. I have to control myself though and try to eat some fruit or some protein instead to quieten the craving. But it's bloody hard. I don't have pasta or rice or anything like that in my diet as I know I'd end up eating more of those than the protein. I allow myself two slices of bread as a sandwich (with ham and salad) for my lunch and that's it carbs wise I eat daily.

I do feel hungry as well but it's not as strong as it was pre op. I'm still obessed with food though and I think that's something the op doesn't help with and it could maybe causing cravings.

I never seem to get hungry! Perhaps I should not comment on cravings then.

I am off to France this weekend for the first time since my op in September and while I know I can't eat what I used to when there, I will try a few things. Six months post op and pasta is still too much for me and causes me to block, as does chicken and some other meats.

I hope to have the 100 lbs off by the weekend but my progress was much slower than yours and I have only now started to eat most of the things I am allowed to, that is: normal meals only smaller portions. That in itself is a bonus.

Being able to get the seatbelt on the aircraft to buckle will be novel too and I am looking forward to that. Isn't it strange the little things that make us feel so good?

U

I have found I eat more and feel more hunger if I eat many carbs. I find I am better just having a few crackers rather than pasta and bread.

Next time you are having bolognese have more sauce and less pasta as this is def what works best for me and is worth a go.

Roch

Apparently white powders..........sugar, flour and well I guess the illegal substances too lol are all addictive. I had a slice of fruit bread the other day and oh my word I was craving breads all day.

Melba toasts are the best bet for me, I try avoiding pastas, breads, rice and potatoes (apart from the odd roastie and a small jacket)

Back